Am I nuts to try

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doornumber3

Reaction score
Ok, fairly new brewer but i'd say i've done pretty good so far. Me and friend of my are just huge Dogfish 120 fans. He's trying to talk me into trying to brew it and I finally said i'd give it a shot....Probably not for a few weeks and i'll get a few more brews in by then, but am I crazy to attempt it?

Search, there are a couple if people here that have done the 120. It's a lot of work

i've definitely looked at the clones....It looks like the brew day is ok as long as you set everything up and separate the hops first....Looks like during fermentation it could be alot as well.....I love the beer -- looks like we are going to give it a shot...could be an expensive lesson :)

I do extracts but making the jump to all grain early next month.....i'll wait til i get a few all grains under my belt i think.

I do extracts but making the jump to all grain early next month.....i'll wait til i get a few all grains under my belt i think.

I think there is more room for error with AG. You should try an extract version first just to get the process down. Maybe save a bottle of it and compare it to an AG version later down the road. I'm thinking about doing the 60 or 90 min DFH as my next brew.

Ive read some people have done a few walk thrus, make a step by step list ahead of time and separate the hops/sugar additions well in advance so they don't have any problems sticking to the correct schedule and runnning into the leasts amount of problems possible.

http://www.homebrewchef.com/120minuteIPArecipe.html

Either way, goodluck and let us know how u do!

Back