homebrew goes fast!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyguner03

Reaction score
so i have been brewing gluten free beer and regular beer ( partial mash/ all grain) for a couple months and i have falling in love ( yes love) with the hobby. my main point is have you noticed how fast your homebrew goes? i went down today and checked on my porter and gluten free dark ale and realized wow i only have 24 left of each!. either i drink to much or i dont drink to much? ( that does not make since)lol. anyone else have same opinion that your homebrew just seems to disappear?

Yes, mine disappears very fast. Now if you'll excuse me, I must stop killing time and drink up before it's all gone!

You guys just tapped a never on something that happened to me just last night. I have a 4 tap kegerator with 2 taps of lighter/easier drinking stuff and 1 with a stout and another high ABV. I went for my last brew of the night off of one of the lighter taps and it was out. DANGIT! 1/8 of a pint! Decided to just fill the rest of the glass with the 2nd lighter brew and ...... same thing. DOUBLE DANGIT! Removed both EMPTY kegs and put in my young AmberBock clone(CO2 only, no out line yet) and decided to drink my 4oz of brew and go to bed.

PIPELINE PIPELINE PIPELINE!

This is why I stopped with 5 gallon batches. I do 10 gallons minimum and still find myself running low on backup supply. Unless I'm messing with a new recipe or tweaking something. Then it's a 5 gallon test batch.

It's hard to know how much to share and how much to hoard!

I started doing ciders and meads on the side to keep other tasty beverages in circulation.

Well,on the flip side of this all too common problem,my wife became diabetic & can't drink anymore. She hates it,especially on holidays. Also since she loves my beer & since I taught her how to brew beers she likes.
Then my son got a stomach problem & can't drink anymore. But I think it was too many ghost & scorpion chiles thet did the deed. Alcohol just makes it worse.
Long story short,I'm the last man standing,& I've slowed down on drinking lately. Although I still have those times where binging or adding vodka for some pain relief at my age. Even during those heavy hitter times,I only have 2-4 beers. Then I have times where I don't feel like drinking & let my body recover a bit.
But I have been trying to brew more. This has had the effect of leaving me witn more beer in storage while I brew more. So in the end,it's a good thing.
Just me & my good buddy weiser...that's all I'll ever need...& we drink alone...:drunk:

Wait until you start kegging. You'll be surprised how quickly you can chug five gallons of beer.

that is what i have in mind next .. start kegging and i can only guess how fast the batch will go!

It's hard to know how much to share and how much to hoard!

I started doing ciders and meads on the side to keep other tasty beverages in circulation.

yes!!... my first two batches i pretty much gave out more than half of the batch!! . and now if someone wants some they have to come over for it .. or if they help out with something I'll give em a sixer. example a co worker gives me his empty bottles about every 3 weeks and i give him a six pack. works out great, i dont have to buy bottles all i have to do is give up a sixer.

Homebrew goes fast!! I remember when I started, me and my wife would go through a batch in like 6 weeks. But i got lucky and found out that she couldn't drink due to being knocked up. I built a 4 tap keezer and started kegging soon after. I have had it full once in two years... I can bearly keep a keg going for 4 weeks. I have to brew 2 or 3 times a week. It goes fast once you get hooked and then add in your friends... you can never brew enough!!!

Back