raspberry wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excidium016

Reaction score
Hi everyone this is the 1st time I am using fruit In my beer. the recipe I have wasn't too clear on when to add the raspberries or how to add the raspberries. All it said was 14 days primary, next step - raspberries 5 days priming. should I just drop in raspberries to my fermenting bucket, should I go into secondary fermentation, and do I need to cook the raspberries? Thanks for reading my post

Some will debate putting the raspberries directly in bucket or in strainer bag. I like to use the strainer bag as your siphon won't get clocked when transferring beer.
I have had mixed luck with fruit. Some we have put in fresh, just rinsed under water and some we have mashed and pasteurized. I have had good and soured batches. For me it is a 50/50 hit or miss, although, I have only done a few fruited beers. We are not big fans, it is mostly for friends.

Same here as stated above. If u want something consistent then go with a extract. Much easier and will taste the same everytime u make it.
I have done both fresh raspberry ( came out like a sour) and extract ( came out great) ( tasted like abita purple haze)

I made a Purple Haze Clone last year, all grain, used extract, NAILED IT big time. In fact people at my local pub preferred mine over the actual commercial version that was on tap :)

Iceman. Did u get the kit from Austin? I get there kit n it is way better then the real thing in my opinion also. Plus my friends say the same thing. The kit is a real good base to add any flavor you want. I did the blueberry and it was also good.

No I pick my recipes off the internet. Not smart enough to formulate my own recipes yet. Never bought a kit yet either. Blueberry sounds real good

Back