What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pipeworks brewing lineup for tonight:

image-2552296503.jpg

image-2154307690.jpg

Cigar City Jose Marti. All of this CCB talk tonight made me break one out. Awesome stuff. That's my ghetto starter of 1335 in the background for tomorrow morning, shaken not stirred.

Ugh so have run through our case of Labatt, now we get to the poop my buddy brought over. Good thing Im buzzing good. Flavor rofile is tin can with malt, more malt and a little more malt

ForumRunner_20130413_230338.jpg

New Holland White Hatter. This is the first one of a handfull of their stuff I tried that has finally wowed me.Maybe I had some aged bottles of there other stuff or something but everything seemed pretty meh. Not even really a fan of this style but its pretty inspiring. Intense complex aroma/flavors going on. Great for a 5%er also.

Way, way behind on this thread. So today I went on a tour of Thomas Hooker Brewing in Connecticut and had:

Watermelon Ale(smells :D, tastes:mad:)
Blonde Ale
Munich Lager
Extra Pale Ale
IPA
A contract brewed IPA
Imperial Porter :)))
Chocolate Truffle Stout :)D)

A couple from a different local craft brewery with lunch and I just finished having a brown ale brewed by Stauff (great brown) and my first shot at cloning a beer all on my own, a Belgian wit from a brewery about 20 mins from me. I think I'm going to take some to the brewery tomorrow and see if he can offer some notes on it. No pics from the brewery, but here's the other two I mentioned.

20130413_204500.jpg

20130413_231600.jpg

New Holland White Hatter. This is the first one of a handfull of their stuff I tried that has finally wowed me.Maybe I had some aged bottles of there other stuff or something but everything seemed pretty meh. Not even really a fan of this style but its pretty inspiring. Intense complex aroma/flavors going on. Great for a 5%er also.

White Hatter is really good I need to go get another growler of it at the brewery

My Simcoe/Amarillo IPA. Those two hops together are like heaven to me... Tropical fruit, some citrus, and just enough malt flavor for my liking.

ForumRunner_20130413_205634.jpg

Lagunitas-Censored. Nice copper ale am thinking about making one all german but have too many hops and these dont take much.So maybe sticking to pale ale to use surplus of hops up.Or maybe Ill just dry hop everything just because.:)

Cigar City Jai-Alai. More ahtanum flavor hopped, Simcoe dry hopped goodness.

Attachments

• image-1230844334.jpg
    image-1230844334.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 100
NIZZLE said:
You like? I cant go to any bottle shop around hear and not see that ;)

I'm sure you do see it all the time there. :)
It's very good. Of course, I have yet to be disappointed by Bell's. Well, only disappointed that they didn't make any Cherry Stout last year.

I'm sure you do see it all the time there. :)
It's very good. Of course, I have yet to be disappointed by Bell's. Well, only disappointed that they didn't make any Cherry Stout last year.

Bell's is damn good beer can't say as I have ever a a bad beer from them either

Went to a beer store today and they had some Blind Pig and Pliny hidden in the back. They only would give me one bottle each so I had swmbo go in and get me two more.

image-534057059.jpg

NIZZLE said:
Bell's is damn good beer can't say as I have ever a a bad beer from them either

I really enjoyed Hopslam as well. This was the only year I had it. But I thought it was a solid DIPA. I've been a fan of Bell's ever since my first sip of Double Cream Stout.

I really enjoyed Hopslam as well. This was the only year I had it. But I thought it was a solid DIPA. I've been a fan of Bell's ever since my first sip of Double Cream Stout.

Hopslam is still available to. Never had Double Cream Stout. Sounds delicious

Cigar City Jai-Alai. More ahtanum flavor hopped, Simcoe dry hopped goodness.

I really wanted to like this beer alot, but there's a weird honeydew hop flavor to it that just doesn't sit well with my palate. That's the best way I can describe it...honeydew.

Back