Our Home Pub Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to find some buddies around here that would like to tinker in the wood shop, or the machine shop, or the robotics lab, and of course brewing!

Wish I was closer to your location !!!
Will post more photos after vacation.

Hell you are only 9hours and 31 minutes from me! that's actually much closer than I would have thought. Just jump on I94 west to the quad cities, merge onto I80 and keep heading west! Easy Peasy!!

Well.....not too much to update as I have been in Costa Rica on vacation and had to do the "catch up" thing at work after coming home. Bar counter top oak is now out of the kiln and ready for pick up. Will be working on this over the coming weekend. In the meantime the optic dispensers are up on an oak back board and the drum set is stained and has it's first coat of the shiny stuff applied and another coat to the main bar front. Smaller drums are inside the bigger drums.
More to follow as things progress.

DSC06457.jpg

DSC06458.jpg

DSC06459.jpg

DSC06461.jpg

DSC06463.jpg

Bar countertop arrives tomorrow :mug: it will be all systems go to get it finished and fitted. Be a while with the stain and shiny stuff though. It will be getting a LOT of coats and sandings between coats.
In the meantime I have done a lot of cleaning up, been on a business trip and over the weekend got the drum set hardware back on, added three over the bar smaller pot lights with dimmer switch and finished the bar switch panel off. Then baseboard, door trim and we are ready to start putting all the "pub" stuff in place. Oh, almost forgot the stemware rack is stained and has it's first coat of the shiny stuff currently drying.
The "site foreman" is as usual sitting on the cardboard box "supervising"

DSC06551.jpg

DSC06554.jpg

DSC06556.jpg

DSC06559.jpg

DSC06557.jpg

Bar countertop is on, finish fitted in place and first coat of stain is currently drying. Second coat tomorrow night then the shiny stuff on the weekend. Couple more photos in the next post.

DSC06568.jpg

DSC06569.jpg

DSC06576.jpg

DSC06577.jpg

DSC06579.jpg

Thanks guys. Bar top is hopefully the show piece of the whole thing. It's what everybody sees when they come.

Baseboard done and in place, door trim done and in place, 2nd coat of the shiny stuff on the bar top. 3rd coat tomorrow and so on for a while. Then clean all the dust and crap out and start moving all the bells and whistles in place. The light is at the end of the tunnel and it's getting bigger.
Popcorn anyone ???

DSC06611.jpg

DSC06612.jpg

DSC06614.jpg

DSC06616.jpg

did I miss something? Is that a stage next to the door?

Yes it is. I play keyboards and do some vocals. Mrs Ken likes the karaoke (we have a machine for that) We are pre-wired to the TV from the stage so we can put the words up there as well. Our son is the lead vocalist, song writer and drummer with a band called "The Fisher Kings" (check you tube if you would like to hear them) We will have a drum set, keyboard, lead and bass guitar along with an acoustic guitar. Don't forget the hand instruments as well (tambourines, shakers etc)
Going to be a rockin place when done. Come on over !!!!

5 coats of the shiny stuff on the bar top. 1 more light coat to finish after a "micro sanding" then move all the "bells and whistles" in there. More photos to follow.

Well this weekend got the trailer ready for the camping season, pulled the old boat on to the driveway to prepare it for selling. Picked up a couple of barrels this morning and after cleaning them up some got the first coat of shiny stuff in place on one of them also started putting some of our "stuff" in the pub. Drained the barrels of their remnants and did some "home filtering" They are both ex bourbon whiskey barrels and the 40 oz or so we got is stronger than heck and now decanted. Should be 8 photos posted (or after a sip or 2 of that it looks more like 16) 3 more in next post.

DSC06642.jpg

DSC06659.jpg

DSC06647.jpg

DSC06651.jpg

DSC06653.jpg

Here's the first draught pump in place. Guinness, now that's British !!!! Barrel has it's 3rd coat of shiny stuff on it. Just got to paint the bands and in there it goes !!!!!! Just got the transformer for the light today. All is well. 1 more barrel to refinish after this one.

DSC06670.jpg

DSC06676.jpg

DSC06677.jpg

Only thing missing is a 115 lb 21 yr old waitress in tight clothes trying to pay her way through college...

Wow that was very specific. Bonus if she's Brazilian

Can't see the wife going for that one.......however opening night is scheduled to be a "Tarts and Vicars" party :mug:

Wow. Years of memories ahead of you. If nothing else, you've got so much knowledge from what you've done already. Kudos to you for the work so far, and what's ahead of you. It's not that you need to use it daily, it's just the fact that you could, if you chose to do so! keep posting as you have been, because no doubt, once it's been used once or twice, there will be changes. I'm actually happy and not envious at all. We all have our dreams, you got to chase yours. Job well done. I apologize, job VERY well done. Enjoy every moment of it.

What's the address again? How far from Ontario, Canada?

Back