Growler saver?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My personal opinion after seing it last night is that it is a cool idea. Probably will help with longevity of growler beer, but does not look like it would work with swing top growlers. This probably gets around the worry of mine that the swing top growlers arent really pressure rated.

As someone that got in the TapIt cap kickstarter that isn't shipping until October, I don't like this one at all - since they are supposedly shipping earlier! :)

I hope they both succeed because more competition is better and will more both products better and cheaper.

My personal opinion after seing it last night is that it is a cool idea. Probably will help with longevity of growler beer, but does not look like it would work with swing top growlers. This probably gets around the worry of mine that the swing top growlers arent really pressure rated.

It doesn't work on swing tops beacause it relies on threaded growler tops for the lid system.

My growlers are 32 oz and I just finish it...
But it is a cool idea, and I can see it being good for 64 oz growlers or for those who wouldn't finish it all.

Yeah that is a good thing because the screw top growlers appear to be about the same thickness as regular beer bottles and should hold up better.

All my fliptop growlers are the same thickness as a beer bottle and are also the same thickness as a my screw top growlers...not understanding this comment exactly

Mine too.
I chose the 32 oz flip top over the 64 oz screw top as I could see that the glass wasn't as thick as the flip top. Nor was it as dark.

Maybe its just me. All the fliptop growlers I have seen are thinner walled than most beer bottles. Additionally I seem to remember reading that they are not designed for holding carbonating pressures which is one of the reasons that carbing in them is discouragerd.

He's about eight grand off from his $30k target to fund the project with 29 hours left, I pledged at the $65 level a few weeks back. If this holds any interest for anybody here on HBT, take a minute and pledge, even if it's only a few bucks.

Maybe its just me. All the fliptop growlers I have seen are thinner walled than most beer bottles. Additionally I seem to remember reading that they are not designed for holding carbonating pressures which is one of the reasons that carbing in them is discouragerd.

Interesting I had never heard that before.

I have heard that they are not meant for carbing in.
Try telling that to my friend though. He WAY over carbed a beer in a 64 oz growler and it was hissing! It blew out his gasket.
I'm fairly certain mine could handle the pressure.

I have heard that they are not meant for crabbing in.
Try telling that to my friend though. He WAY over carbed a beer in a 64 oz growler and it was hissing! It blew out his gasket.
I'm fairly certain mine could handle the pressure.

I also do not see how it is possible to pour growler carbed beers and not get all the sediment stirred up for the last 2-3 glasses.

And you really wouldn't want to crab in them. Crustacians are hard to get out of the bottle necks.

True! You have to squish them a little until you hear a little cracking sound.

I don't care for the sediment, and will watch it as I pour. A bottle bigger than 24 oz is a bit at once.

I have them mostly for my eventually try at mead.

As someone that got in the TapIt cap kickstarter that isn't shipping until October, I don't like this one at all - since they are supposedly shipping earlier! :)

I hope they both succeed because more competition is better and will more both products better and cheaper.

Is there a way to even buy one of these now? I can't seem to find it.

Growler Saver Kickstarter got funded, excellent. Let's see if he can meet his June ship date for the supporters.

Doh, I missed being able to help fund it. Guess I'll have to wait till they start selling them to us regular folk.

The creator of these, Steve Mosaic, had said these will definitely go out the door in June as promised. He also said there will be adapters available for different types of growlers. He won't be selling them direct on the retail market but has a handful of retailers lined up to sell them, Nikobrew being one of them. He's also going to be demonstrating them at our Nikobrew booth at NHC, and we'll be selling them there and afterward on our website. If they're ready much earlier in the month we'll start selling them on our website sooner. We're all really excited for these, I buy a lot of growlers and a lot of the decision making process is based on when I think I'll drink them. I can drink a full one myself don't get me wrong, but I'm looking forward to being able to have a selection of fresh growlers to choose from when having some beers for the evening.

Once we get these in stock I'll post in the vendor thread, cheers!

Murphy's Law applies here.

The potential for 800psi going into a glass container in the hands of people consuming alcohol. Yeah, that'll work.

It's four beers. Drink it!

:drunk:

FWIW, the pressure relief valve on the Growler Saver is set to 15psi, so anything above that level will vent out of the headspace immediately.

Murphy's Law applies here.

The potential for 800psi going into a glass container in the hands of people consuming alcohol. Yeah, that'll work.

It's four beers. Drink it!

:drunk:

Back