Wyeast 1214 is hot!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It has been nearly two days and this yeast is starting to take off. Bucket temp is now closing in on 80 degrees! I thought I would be OK because the apartment is 65 degrees. Oh well I guess I'll have some estery brew!

Also thought the bubbles in the airlock looked cool last night. Never seen hexagon bubbles!

day2temp.jpg

Airlock.jpg

Cool it down! Wet a big towel and point a fan at it. It's not going to just be estery, it's going to be hot and fusely. Not a good thing, and it won't age out.

Cool it down! Wet a big towel and point a fan at it. It's not going to just be estery, it's going to be hot and fusely. Not a good thing, and it won't age out.

Hi daksin - I pointed a fan at it and the temp dropped down to 75. I'll give it a day there and see what happens. I don't think fermentation has hit it's peak yet so if temps still go up I'll put it in a tub of water.

If it turns out fusely I will try a new batch. I like to learn by doing, and making mistakes. Who knows, maybe it will turn out great!

Thanks for your ideas.

Back