Older Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiltedSoule

Reaction score
A local guy is selling his old (about 15 yrs old, feaux wood panels and all) kegerator. it's a Beer Meister, which I understand the new ones are excellent. Any ideas about the older ones? he is asking $200 with tank (newly re-hydro'd) and reg. I'll probably want to swap out the tap with a double instead of a single. thank you for your input! :tank:

Beer Meister has always been known as a good brand. It was bought out a few years, but the new owners (bothers) are great people. It sounds like a good deal to me. If you switch out the tower you will probably have to drill new holes. I asked the owner of Beermeister about this and he said he did not know for sure if there were any coolant lines at that time in the top, but I would be careful to check before drilling new holes. He said he believed you could remove three screws and remove the top completely if you have the model he believes you do.

Todd
www.kegconnection.com

Thank you for the information! My $200 pick-up turned into a $400 haul that amazingly fit into my civic coupe!
Beer Meister kegerator, 8 corny kegs, 2 6-gallon carboys, 1 5-gallon carboy, wort chiller, bottling bucket, and assortment of various parts.

ForumRunner_20130509_210519.png

Yup, good score right there. The kegs alone are worth over $500 - according to the going price at two of my LHBSes. The rest of the haul could catch on fire and you'd still get every dollar back and then some...

Cheers!

Back