drunken national homebrew day beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForrestWoods

Reaction score
So, for national homebrew day, our club had a big brew day at a local microbrew pub. The head brewer supplied us with 1.053 2-row starter wort.
I started with about 6.5-7 gallons. The wort came out hot, so once it hit 160, i dropped the grain bag with 1lb honey malt and 3/4lb carapils as well as an oz of warrior. After steeping a while, pulled the grain bag and fired up the burner. Started the timer for a 60 minute boil, boil was vigorous and im probably at about 4.5 gallons. I threw 1oz pouches of Citra at 15, 10, 5 and flame out, as well as 3lb light DME and 24oz of local honey at flame out. fast forward to too drunk when i got home. No OG measurement and asked my wife to toss the yeast form the fridge in the bucket. She tossed all three packs of Notty i had in (my bad).

Any idea of what to expect from this drunken Big Brew Day beer?
A beautiful 6 inch krausen it perched up top now as we speak.

thanks!:drunk:

Gunna be a lot of yeast trub,that's for sure. Thought about over-pitching,but if it was tossed in cold,a lot of the yeast cells wold shock-n-sink.

Some of my best beers were from drunken brewing. I just cant remember exactly how I made them.

Back