Good bye to sediment in bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xenomaniac

Reaction score
I came across this about a week ago. Has anyone tried these? Seems pretty cool.

beer.png

http://sedexbrewing.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Also something I didn't see in the video explained but it was implied...do those use twist top bottles?

Seems cool, kinda expensive though at a little over $2 per cap. Understanding you can reuse them, i wonder how many bottle caps would equal that price though vs really is sediment that big of an issue?

Also something I didn't see in the video explained but it was implied...do those use twist top bottles?

Sedex website says "The innovative, universal design of the BRODIE means it is reusable and fits standard glass screw top stubbies or bottles."

So yes. Would have to start collecting screw top bottles at that point too.

Sedex website says "The innovative, universal design of the BRODIE means it is reusable and fits standard glass screw top stubbies or bottles."

So yes. Would have to start collecting screw top bottles at that point too.

Ahh I missed that, thx

Id be more inclined to use them on bottles that im gifting to friends who are new to homebrew. Those that don't listen to the "Pour all but the last bit" advice.

I've had a few friends critique my brews based on swirling up the trub on the bottom and just trying that before they even tasted the beer they poured. Made me realize I need new friends

I always pour out that "last bit", over the dogs food and she loves me for it.

I'm sure it works well, but to me that's adding unnecessary effort into something that's not really that big of a deal.

I can totally see Vince Shlomi as the pitchman for this!

I like the idea a lot but they are expensive and I would never give them a way cause you wont get them back

cool product. don't think i'm going to drop $4 per bottle on these, though. i'd consider them if they were cheaper. i'm sure a lot of time and energy went into producing these and the price is fair, but not having to deal with yeast sediment isn't worth that to me. i'm sure it will be for some folks tho!

Only real benefit I can see to these is if you know the beer is going to be drank shortly after being shook up with little to no time for the sediment to settle. For example after a long, bumpy quad ride into the cabin.

Otherwise just pour it into a glass (tastes/smells better this way anyway) or be careful drinking from the bottle (this gets harder as the evening wears on).

Neither I nor anyone else who drinks my homebrew has any problem pouring the beer off the sediment. I therefore regard this as a product in search of a problem.

Back