I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps not the best looking dish. The schnitzel is chicken ( I pound it flat with a rubber mallet, between sheets of wax paper). The key to great schnitzel is the correct order of flour, egg, then crumbs, then fry in lard (yes, lard). Shot at 1/60 f/1.8 50mm if anyone cares.

img_5767-59467.jpg

passedpawn said:
Remove the air filter and see if it keeps doing that.

Re: wife, you'll never know. I married into the trifecta though, I'll say that.

Bah, I just pushed the thing back over across the street and told him I ought to call the EPA. I'm not sure what's wrong with my mower. It's an almost brand new Huskey, I pulled it out for the year and it ran for about 45 seconds and then quit. I don't think it's the spark plug, the air filter looks brand new. So it's got to be either some funky gas, or a little water, or the carb.

Trifecta - money, looks, brains. Mine was broke, so I guess I got the duofecta. ;)

So you enjoy making my ears bleed, I see. Maybe I will listen in a minute but afraid to click on it, after what happened last time. That was awful.

If you don't like Nanci, try this on for size: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
passedpawn said:
Perhaps not the best looking dish. The schnitzel is chicken ( I pound it flat with a rubber mallet, between sheets of wax paper). The key to great schnitzel is the correct order of flour, egg, then crumbs, then fry in lard (yes, lard). Shot at 1/60 f/1.8 50mm if anyone cares.

Damn, that looks tasty. Looks like jägerschnitzel to me. I've made it with venison and pork before, haven't tried chicken yet. Mine don't look quite that pretty, though they taste pretty good. :)

Here's a venison schnitzel I made recently, though its no jägerschnitzel.

image-844776329.jpg

Damn, that looks tasty. Looks like jägerschnitzel to me. I've made it with venison and pork before, haven't tried chicken yet. Mine don't look quite that pretty, though they taste pretty good. :)

Here's a venison schnitzel I made recently, though its no jägerschnitzel.

View attachment 116210

That looks pretty good to me! I'd prefer to make it from veal, but while I'm working out my recipe, chicken is cheap.

I'm not sure what's wrong with my mower. It's an almost brand new Huskey, I pulled it out for the year and it ran for about 45 seconds and then quit. I don't think it's the spark plug, the air filter looks brand new. So it's got to be either some funky gas, or a little water, or the carb

Think you're right on about the fuel. Get rid of it and put some fresh in. I have a Husky and they're nearly indestructible unless the gas goes bad. Nobody likes bad gas. :D

Hmm, just found out my whole department is being dissolved. Everybody is being reassigned under other departments. That makes me nervous, but we shall see how things go.

What is it about the outlaw biker life that makes it appealing? The TV show Sons of Anarchy sure puts some good music, love, family and life together all in a 45 minute episode each week. They do a good job. Really liked the first few year of it.

When the show first came out I was an instant addict. My wife calls it a man's soap opera... She's right.

Around season four, which I think was 2011, I started loosing interest. The show became extremely violent.. Truth or Hollywood? I don't know but I stopped watching.

Their theme song might not mean to me what it does to "Outlaw Bikers" but in many ways is a reflection of life. I suppose most music is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, can't sleep. And for some reason the "p" and "v" on my keyboard are messing up, have to bang them to get them to work. ITA! Most likely something sticky got in there. Not like I write with a bunch of those 2 letters but trying to avoid them now. Lots of everyday words have those letters in them, never thought about it before now.

Mowing the lawn. Heck on Monday we got snow with it blowing sideways.

If it was me I would drain the bowl on the carb and replace the gas and spark plug. Might take a little bit of starting fluid to get it running again but I agree Husky is about bomb proof

Almost 9 AM(sort of... 8:15 or so), another day, another dollar, hopefully. Hubby got that one chemo treatment about 2 1/2 weeks ago, after a break from it, and now they have given him another break from it so he is feeling much better. It's the chemo not the cancer that has almost killed him several times.

Got to the doctor myself this week and she asked specifically about physical pain so I mentioned the shooting pains in my back, in the exact same spot for 3 weeks or more now. She said rest it. Let it try to heal on it's own. Come back next week. How in the hell am I supposed to rest my back right now when there are fields to be planted and not to mention beer to be brewed!!!

I'm taking all kinds of crazy steps to be able to still brew while doing this supposed resting of the back. How do you do anything without using your back? I do know I have 5 rows of sorghum left to plant today, about 200 foot rows. Will just get it done slow and easy.

Oh, forgot the rest of the first part, hubby feeling better so now we are raising chickens big time. He's got all kinds of plans for me. Yeah!! More chickens!!

Almost 9 AM(sort of... 8:15 or so), another day, another dollar, hopefully. Hubby got that one chemo treatment about 2 1/2 weeks ago, after a break from it, and now they have given him another break from it so he is feeling much better. It's the chemo not the cancer that has almost killed him several times.

Got to the doctor myself this week and she asked specifically about physical pain so I mentioned the shooting pains in my back, in the exact same spot for 3 weeks or more now. She said rest it. Let it try to heal on it's own. Come back next week. How in the hell am I supposed to rest my back right now when there are fields to be planted and not to mention beer to be brewed!!!

I'm taking all kinds of crazy steps to be able to still brew while doing this supposed resting of the back. How do you do anything without using your back? I do know I have 5 rows of sorghum left to plant today, about 200 foot rows. Will just get it done slow and easy.

I feel for you Bobbi I really do. I would not wish back pain on anybody.

I am not a Dr nor do I play one on TV but I will play one on the internet. Last Sat I was hurting something fierce cutting those trees down. Sunday morning I was hurting bad enough I almost called it and said we were not working but I decided to go ahead and finish the job. I started slow and stretched my back and weirdly enough by noon the pain was gone and I was working hard the rest of the day. I never tried stretching or working slow before but dang sure will in the future

I never tried stretching or working slow before but dang sure will in the future

Oh, I stretch and work slow every time this happens to me! Just stretch however makes it feel good and hold it slow, then slowly start moving again. When I said I was 39, I lied.

Good morning!

We still have about 2ft of snow on the ground, haven't even thought about breaking out the mower. The weather wizards are predicting a good melt for the next week or so. Break up is coming!

I feel and empathize for those with back pain, gentle stretching and slowly working back up to what I'm trying to do almost always seems to do the trick.

You all and your Schnitzels. I am salivating like crazy. I've made them with moose and caribou that I soaked in milk or buttermilk, pounded thin between parchement paper. They didn't turn out bad and I was also happy the kids seemed to enjoy it.

LG - love your Bacon Seed poster!

Argh, my 4-wheeler is screwed I think. Motor might be blown, I won't doubt it. Going to have to walk to the field to get the rest of the sorghum planted. Maybe that will be just the warm-up I need. I've already planted most of it. 16 wide rows X 200 feet per row(approximate), I know it's not quite as long as a football field, or maybe they are 300 feet, the length of a football field, looks like a long ways when you are standing on one end. I bundled them in rows about 3 feet wide, just scattered the seed. Left another yard between rows to get through and harvest them. Planted last batch right before a heavy rain and worked out good. We are expecting heavy rain again tomorrow so gotta get the rest scattered.

I didn't even hear hubby pulling back up when typing the last message. Jump started my ATC with the truck and it's running fine. Might just need a new battery. I over-reacted, again.

I love it when it turns out to be a simple fix. Most times for me it turns out three times worse than it could be :p

Well I have to decide on if I am going to work on chainsaws today or brew. It is a nice day so I might work outside and then brew tonight after dark.

I guess I'm a few days late to update.

In the past few days I've:

Paid the government as much in taxes as buying the 3.5bbl brewing system we wanted to buy.

Met with the vice-principle of my kids school because my daughter hid in a bathroom with some friend. 1/2 hr later the school was on lockdown for 45 minutes because there were three girls missing.

Applied for the job I want at the company I want, but can't take it even if I get it because try don't give benefits for a long time.

Applied at a rival employer for the exact position in the exact type of facility as I'm in now, hoping for a few more bucks an hour and a less hostile environment.

Ripped out three more trees and replanted two.

Found 2 roaches and sprayed the house accordingly.

Oh, all the while my wife's non-profit radio station has been doing their pledge drive raising funding for the next year. So I've been virtually single parenting three kids.

I need a beer.

The whole field of sorghum is planted. Moved the bigger chickens to a larger brooder. Another snake on the porch and hubby freaked out, did I tell you he killed the last one when it was out of my sight? He said he took it to a far away place to live but he lied. He killed it and measured it, my nephew told me. 4.25 feet long. I'm kind of mad but when he told me he was taking it somewhere far away to live in peace, I believed him but not really. Wasn't surprised he killed it. So the new snake, this one smaller, I coaxed it away and hope it stays away. Otherwise hubby will kill another innocent white oak just looking for a nice meal. If I find out hubby is planning to kill this one when I'm not looking, I will kill it myself and feed it to him in a stew. Once he got me to eat chicken feet with rice, so ha!!!!

I guess I'm a few days late to update.

In the past few days I've:

Paid the government as much in taxes as buying the 3.5bbl brewing system we wanted to buy.

Met with the vice-principle of my kids school because my daughter hid in a bathroom with some friend. 1/2 hr later the school was on lockdown for 45 minutes because there were three girls missing.

Applied for the job I want at the company I want, but can't take it even if I get it because try don't give benefits for a long time.

Applied at a rival employer for the exact position in the exact type of facility as I'm in now, hoping for a few more bucks an hour and a less hostile environment.

Ripped out three more trees and replanted two.

Found 2 roaches and sprayed the house accordingly.

Oh, all the while my wife's non-profit radio station has been doing their pledge drive raising funding for the next year. So I've been virtually single parenting three kids.

I need a beer.

How is the beer? Get one yet?

The chickens are smarter than hubby thought, they are trying to pick the locks. Hubby tied small wire in black plastic coating to hold the door on. They are pecking at it like crazy, trying to pick the lock. I bet they could loosen it enough to open the door. I will just re-enforce that spot.

The chickens are smarter than hubby thought, they are trying to pick the locks. Hubby tied small wire in black plastic coating to hold the door on. They are pecking at it like crazy, trying to pick the lock. I bet they could loosen it enough to open the door. I will just re-enforce that spot.

Go Chickens!

!!!!plan.jpg

I fee bad. I told the boy that I would not cosign his rental agreement. The boy and two of his college buds decided to get a 3 bedroom apartment. Of course it is a shared instead of an individual lease. Of course none of them can pass a credit check at this point in their lives. I've looked at the rental agreement and all of a sudden I'm not really comfortable supplying my SSN or even the whole act of cosigning. I'm not worrying about my credit score, but I don't know the other kids and I don't know their parents. The boy said that his future roommates will never be a problem and they will always make their payments to the landlord for their share of the rent on time. Turns out that instead of cosigning, they can pay the first and last month rent plus the deposit. He seems OK with the decision, but I'm just not happy about the downside of that situation. I told him that if he wants to go find an individual apartment, I would gladly cosign.

Sorry to hear that LG.
Well, it could be good could be bad. My job isn't going away, at least not immediately. I'm just working for corporate now.

The real question is what is going to happen with my pay. I'm currently hitting incentive pay on a regular basis. Corporate doesn't have an incentive pay system. I know how that kind of thing has been handled in the past, but I'll just have to wait and see.
I fee bad. I told the boy that I would not cosign his rental agreement. The boy and two of his college buds decided to get a 3 bedroom apartment. Of course it is a shared instead of an individual lease. Of course none of them can pass a credit check at this point in their lives. I've looked at the rental agreement and all of a sudden I'm not really comfortable supplying my SSN or even the whole act of cosigning. I'm not worrying about my credit score, but I don't know the other kids and I don't know their parents. The boy said that his future roommates will never be a problem and they will always make their payments to the landlord for their share of the rent on time. Turns out that instead of cosigning, they can pay the first and last month rent plus the deposit. He seems OK with the decision, but I'm just not happy about the downside of that situation. I told him that if he wants to go find an individual apartment, I would gladly cosign.
It sounds like you did the right thing. When you are young, you always think things will work out with your friends. After all, they would never do anything nasty to you right? When you are talking about money though, people get kinda funny.

Here's the latest update on the red rice yeast batches. I'm not really sure if it's the temperature, or the presence of the oolong tea in one batch, or even the missing rice yeast balls that's the problem. The available data has me leaning more toward the temperature, but I can't really be certain.

Hmm. I'm drinking my cider from December. I have to say, I'm not impressed. It's ok, but not great. Nothing even close to the previous batch from august. I thought the two batches were about the same. Then I reread my notes. They contain about the same ingredients, but there are some huge procedural differences. Ok. I'll just have to run a bunch more batches to see if I can nail down witch one was important.

images

I can understand that, looks like an interesting sight. My slow old computer seems to have a problem making it work though. :(
It sounds like you have the windows virus. :D

Yeah, 15.5% cider. I'm glad I put that bottle away after pouring one glass.

Pouring_Liquid_Gold.jpg

More crazyness. Carjacking, chase, automatic gunfire, grenades, another officer might be down, and one possibly two suspects in custody in Watertown, MA. Thoughts and prayers to the family of the MIT officer killed earlier.

Back