More Hop Character

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breck09

Reaction score
Brewed the all grain version of Brewing Classic Styles APA and got better efficiency than I had planned on. The beer came out with less hop character then I wanted. Would putting a half ounce each of cascade and centennial in the keg help in say two days or so?

Dry hopping will improve the aroma and provide some benefit to flavor but won't increase bitterness.

That is exactly what I am looking for. The bitterness is on point. I probably should have mentioned that. Thanks for the reply.

make sure you bag the hops or use a tea ball etc, don't just add them loose unless you have a diptube filter in your keg

you may not notice much impact in just 2 days times, dry hopping at lower temps usually takes time to extract the aroma

also, if the keg is already carbonated add them very carefully and slowly to avoid excessive foaming

Yeah I bagged them. Ended up using a full two ounces because it was just easier than measuring them out while trying to be sanitary. I used a weight to try and weight the bags down buy didn't seem to be enough as they ended up just floating on the top. Probably wont get the result I'm looking for but oh we'll I tried.

Latest posts

Back