Friends have taken a interest and taste towards my beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBOGAN

Reaction score
While it feels awesome to have friends and family start to like or love your beer I have now encountered the question of where is my six pack?In which most times i reply"i will see what i can do"(at the brew shop where i get the grains and ingredients that are not free).Is it selfish on my behalf not wanting to drain my supply to with hold the fruits of my labor?

When people are like that, its just plain rude. Yeah I brew, what do you do? Can I have some of that for free? You always have to have some sort of deal. You bring me bottles, cook dinner, bring cigars, wife swap!, whatever. Then you get beer!

Haha, but all jokes aside, I usually give out single 500ml bottles to people who are interested, or who have hooked me up. Last Christmas I brought about 10 bottles to work to give away. This spring I brough in 4L and some dixie cups to let the boys try it out after work.

The thing is, it costs money, and there is actual labour put in. Its a labour of love, so enjoy giving away a bit, but don't give away six packs unless the person deserves it, or its for family. Thats how I feel anyway. My friends own a shoe company, so I get discounts and they get beer, and similar deals with other gentlemen.

I've given away six packs before, but I'd rather someone just come over and have a couple beers with me. That way it doesn't feel like I'm just giving away my hard work, time, and money. I love sharing beer, not so much "giving" beer.

Everybody loves free beer, but not everybody appreciates it.

It’s pretty one-sided when I bring homebrew and they bring Bud Lite. As a beer snob, I always thought that once people tried real beer they would start buying it. It happens only rarely.

Now I limit giving bottles to people that are knowledgeable about beer and will give me feedback.

Join a homebrew club. Then you can exchange beer freely.

Sometimes when they say "where's my 6 pack?" they're half kidding,hoping you go for it. I might give'em one bottle,but each guy ain't getting a free drunk form me. Cheap pricks just want free beer.

Most of my friends know, if you want to drink it, you have to come over. I guess that's another perk of kegging, being able to say, "Don't have six packs, just kegs."

Most of my friends know, if you want to drink it, you have to come over. I guess that's another perk of kegging, being able to say, "Don't have six packs, just kegs."

^This. I only keg. Anyone is allowed to come by and drink freely. I often have friends over and only ask them to bring a snack or something else to share. I usually have a couple kegs on tap and don't need more beer, but drinking usually requires some food.

I definitely get quizzed at family events, but then I usually try to bring something. Otherwise, I don't have folks showing up saying "Hey, where's my free keg?" but anybody's welcome to stop by at any time for a pint or three of whatever's on draft.

I just started brewing beer but with my wine people who ask if they can have a few bottles get a standard response from me. "You can come over and have a glass any time, and if you really like it buy some ingredients and come over and I will show you how to make it."

I just started brewing so haven't had anyone ask for a beer, but with my wine I always get requests to buy a few bottles or ask if they can have some... My standard reply is "You can come over and have a few glasses any time, and if you really like it buy some ingredients and I will show you how to make it."

I imagine that if I ever make a good beer that my answer will be the same.

My friends just throw me a little cash on the side for the ingredients.. An say "yea man I really wanna get into brewing" but never really get into brewing.

I've had people ask, "Where's my beer?" I reply, "Didn't you brew it yet?" I've had a lot of friends over the last 14 years of brewing ask & expect free beer. I kindly let them know that I worked my nonresistant butt off to afford what I have & that I'm happy to share, but don't abuse my generosity.

Back