Bayou Classic 20.5G / 82 qt pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the Bayou Classic stuff.

Check out Amazon... especially if you have a Prime membership.. that free 2nd day shipping rocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Bayou Classic 44 Quart kettle and it's great. Nice quality, etc. I was actually going to buy the 82 quart version for larger batches before I got in in a group purchase for my 20 G kettle from Spike Brewing.

If I had any insight to offer, it would be that you will want a ball valve for draining that size kettle. It will be too heavy to lift (safely...) when full of wort. You can add weldless valve setups to the Bayou Classic but I personally "feel better" about welded. Spike Brewing has good kettles with welded couplers at a reasonable price.

http://www.spikebrewing.com/

He is in New Zealand, shipping could be exensive

LOL Perhaps.... But I do see "Free shipping" on orders over $75.00! :p Maybe there is a disclaimer somewhere... Oh, looks like they only ship to US and Canada.

Oh well..

Thanks for the replies. I think I will settle on these.

He is in New Zealand, shipping could be exensive

Might be expensive by US standards, but down here, $250 (including shipping) for a 20.5 gallon pot for homebrew isn't bad. The Blichmman for example is $650 NZD plus shipping :)

Even a poor quality pots are over $100 plus shipping

I've been using the Bayou Classic pots for a couple of years with weld-less valves and they work great. I would say you have nothing to worry about if you chose to get the Bayou Classic pot.

Back