Five Bourbon County Stouts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shared some fried green tomatoes, oysters, ribs, okra, crab cakes, and crawfish, washed down with five versions of Bourbon County Stout. Really enjoyed the Cherry Rye. None were less than 10% abv.

That all sounds awesome except for the Okra and oysters. Never got a taste for either of those. Anyway, the Bourbon County series is a figment of my imagination and/or the stories of folklore around these parts!

I managed to get my hands on a 4-pack of BCBS this year. In a weak moment, I gave it to my BIL for a birthday gift. Would LOVE to get my hands on some of the cherry.

How'd you get the various BCS styles...all the same year?

For the record, I'm really really jealous.

Binny's?

This was at a local New Orleans-style restaurant, Maple Tree Inn in Blue Island, Illinois, that has a great beer list anyway. They had a BCS take-over for Chicago's Craft Beer Week. I had a BCS Cherry Rye (which was very limited, they handed out tickets as you came in), two glasses of BCS, Big John (which is made with Cacao Nibs) and Night Stalker (a BCS that is more heavily hopped and not, I believe, barrel aged).

And I was at work the next morning.

This was at a local New Orleans-style restaurant, Maple Tree Inn in Blue Island, Illinois, that has a great beer list anyway. They had a BCS take-over for Chicago's Craft Beer Week. I had a BCS Cherry Rye (which was very limited, they handed out tickets as you came in), two glasses of BCS, Big John (which is made with Cacao Nibs) and Night Stalker (a BCS that is more heavily hopped and not, I believe, barrel aged).

And I was at work the next morning.

I used to go be the Maple Tree Inn everyday on the Rock Island Metra line and always thought it looked like a nice little place...had no idea that it was someplace with great beer.

Latest posts

Back