GF Vendors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danz

Reaction score
I have gathered some 1g glass bottles from a cider project and a coworker is bringing me some 64oz glass bottles so now I have my test vessels now time to fill them. I am finding that locating the grains and enzymes are a little more difficult and cant just run to the LBS. Is there an online vendor you recommend or simple hitting up multiple health food stores to gather grains? The sorghum at the LBS looks to be old so don't know if I should trust it. I plan on malting some of my own as well would like to have some enzyme on hand. What else would you recommend?

The short answer is, it depends.

GF grains tend to be expensive in most stores. Asian markets sometimes carry good alternative grains at reasonable prices. As far as enzymes go, some amylase from the LHBS is what most people use. If you want promalt or other commercial grade enzymes you'll have to find a supplier. If you doubt the sorghum from your LHBS, just order online. In my experience most small local brewshops have heinous prices. I only buy from MoreBeer (local), Austin, Midwest and Northern Brewer.

Guess I will be heading to Ranch 99 after work now and see whats available, I recently heard about GROUSE MALTING AND ROASTING COMPANY in Colorado on the Beersmith podcast which is a gluten free malting co. Do we know of any gluten brewers in that area?

This is very interesting. I currently use colorado malting company's gluten free grains. I'm going to hit these guys up and see what they can do for me. It doesn't appear that they produce on the homebrew scale. I will find out though.

yes, colorado malting company now sells to homebrewers. they have gluten free chocolate malted millet and many other gluten free grains available in 5 lb bags. I purchased 10 lbs and payed 14 for shipping. steep shipping but well worth it

Back