Budweiser clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's a real bummer :( they sell them on the northernbrewer web site (though at a step price ... $25 is too much, imo), but it doesn't look like they ship across the pond, do they? if you can get your hands on them, you should totally get some! They make bottling a breeze

You can easily brew a 5 gallon batch of Bud...

For a 5-gallon batch:

O.G. should be around 1.030.
F.G. should be < 1.008, preferable about 1.000.

2lbs 2-Row Pale Malt
2lbs 6-Row Pale Malt
2lbs Flaked Rice
1oz. Saaz (3.5AA) 60 min.

Mash @148 for 90mins.

Boil for 90mins.

Perform lager fermentation using Wyeast Pilsen Lager 2007 (The Budweiser Strain).

When time comes for diacetyl rest add 1 tsp of Amylase Enzyme to fermenter (rest for about 3 days).

Total time on aformentioned steps should be about 2 weeks (14 days).

Lager for 14 days and keg or bottle.

Enjoy a tasty brew! It's amazing that Bud goes from grain to glass in 28 days.

You might also try using 'TetraHops' or HopExtract as an alternative to the real thing!

Don't forget the Beechwood chips in your secondary and micron filtration.

You can easily brew a 5 gallon batch of Bud...

For a 5-gallon batch:

O.G. should be around 1.030.
F.G. should be < 1.008, preferable about 1.000.

2lbs 2-Row Pale Malt
2lbs 6-Row Pale Malt
2lbs Flaked Rice
1oz. Saaz (3.5AA) 60 min.

Mash @148 for 90mins.

Boil for 90mins.

Perform lager fermentation using Wyeast Pilsen Lager 2007 (The Budweiser Strain).

When time comes for diacetyl rest add 1 tsp of Amylase Enzyme to fermenter (rest for about 3 days).

Total time on aformentioned steps should be about 2 weeks (14 days).

Lager for 14 days and keg or bottle.

Enjoy a tasty brew! It's amazing that Bud goes from grain to glass in 28 days.

You might also try using 'TetraHops' or HopExtract as an alternative to the real thing!

This looks spot on if you're looking for a Bud Heavy clone.

Leaving aside the obvious responses, which have probably already been made in this thread anyway, I'll just state that my son, whose father-in-law is a big Budweiser fan, just uses the Midwest Cream Ale recipe when he visits. The guy swears it's just as good as the InBev product, and swills it like a bathtub drain. This is a man who would drink soy sauce before he'd touch a stout.

Ah, see I had heard that story before (I have no idea how true it is) but no matter where Cry Havoc came from, it doesn't make a beer anything like a Budweiser yeast anymore- it's been taken out so many generations before stabilizing the culture at Wyeast that it's mutated into something unrecognizeable. It's a strange animal, that.

Back