mash tun help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CliffMongoloid

Reaction score
Im goin nuts

Will a 3/8 inch kettle valve with matching bazooka screen be the right Size for the below

ForumRunner_20130412_183250.png

What diameter is that hole? 1/2" pipe has an outside diameter of .84"; 3/4" pipe has an outside diameter of 1.05". I think most people use 1/2" nipples, but I could be wrong...

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/ansi-stainless-steel-pipes-d_247.html

I'd do something like this (Skip down about halfway down the page do see what parts and what order to put them in...you might need a few extra ship washers on the inside of the cooler since this is probably thinner walled...This will almost guarantee no leaks

Good luck!!

I kinda just want a kit i can buy so i know it ifs done right, instead of guessing while at the home depot

I just don't know what size kit to buy, or if there is one

basically you need to make sure you measure your cooler as accurately as possible...

that kit you're looking at says to make sure your diameter is less than 7/8"

and that your cooler wall is less than 3/8-5/8"

If its thinner than 3/8" then look at this make sure you get a valve for the outside (or some kind of barb fitting) and you'll need some teflon tape to wrap around the threads

sorry to make things complicated...I just want you to order things once (unlike me...LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES!)

Untitled-1.jpg

You're saying "A" which is in/out of the page and "B" is 7/8" right? If that's true, then what you had in your shopping cart should work

Thank you very much... That was above and beyond the help i was expecting

For some reason pipes and fittings and plumbing stuff just confuses the crap outta me...

Im gonna order it now... Thanks again

no problem...good luck, I really hope it all works out for you. Don't forget some teflon tape for the threads when you put the fittings together

Back