My new electric boil kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I built a new boil kettle and sold my keggle.

I built it off a concord 80 qt pot and it is actually less than 18.5 gallons with everything assembled so maybe 74 quarts. I'm not even mad but that false advertising about size is worth noting.

I went with a triclover heating element (a 4500 watt ripple element) setup by soldering a ferrule into the kettle. Thanks, Tim. Soldered fittings on the drain and return and anode. It has a new 5/8" dip tube setup from Bobby M as well as one of his sight glass kits with 1/4" rtd from Auber. The wort return was made to order by stainless brewing and I have 2 snazzy 16" by 6" hop baskets by arborfab. The false bottom is for secondary filtering and if I use whole leaf hops in the boil and the 5/8" dip tube just happens to fit inside a 1/2" nipple with a 1/2" stainless nut on top to hold it in place and that all just happened to fit the existing hole in the false bottom. It is good to have a small random assortment of stainless goodies in the drawer. :)

I am pretty pleased and if everything goes my way I'll brew up an Irish Red Ale in it tomorrow.

Electric brewing is awesome.

Cheers.

BSD

inside-59679.jpg

thumb2_element-connection-59678.jpg

thumb2_site-glass-59680.jpg

thumb2_baskets-59677.jpg

Latest posts

Back