DIY Wort Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipper564

Reaction score
Built my own wort chiller today. I'm pretty proud of it.... What do y'all think?

image-3650412035.jpg

Looks just fine. What did have to wrap it around? My first chiller I used a paint can, which worked great and gave me a nice looking chiller. But recently I got a much larger (wider) kettle, and will use the leftover 25' of copper to make a new chiller that has less coils above the wort level.

Any ideas on other household objects that would make a larger diameter chiller than a paint can?

Cool! Actually it looks cool and will cool your wort quicker too!

I made one myself last week. I hope to use it in the next few days once I get a chance to brew another batch. Sure going to beat waiting while the pot sits in an ice bath for what seems like forever.

I used a 5 gal bucket which made the coil for the chiller perfect for my pot size

I used a 5 gal bucket which made the coil for the chiller perfect for my pot size

Thanks for the replies, anyone that used a 5 gal bucket have final dimensions (mainly diameter) of the immersion chiller after you take it off the bucket and let it expand?

Thanks again

I bought (and then returned) one of those concrete forming tubes from Lowes when I built mine.

Back