lets see your full Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red Dragon - India Red Ale pitch with Conan yeast harvested from The Alchemist's Heady Topper.... cannot wait for this to be bottled.

YHRRXvO.jpg

Brewed an all Summit IPA this past Sunday.

Had a little extra wort, so got a gallon jug satellite of it going too.

:eek:nestar:

SummitIPA.jpg

You should see me try to adjust the crush when it's running. LOL

If that is a Barley Crusher, adjusting the crush while its running can break it... severely.

My LHBS has one and some idiots were messinh with it while grinding trying to get a finer crush. They ended up causing the thing the shatter its innards and I was left grinding 17 lbs. by hand.

They finally got it back up and running but now the gap slips randomly... when I was expecting 70% eff from it I got something closer to 60%

Ok Today is it BIG BREW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see all the pic of what was made. Good brewing! :mug:

Brewed up a nice low abv blonde ale for summer! Based off of BM's Centennial blonde but I halved the 2-row and subbed in Maris Otter for some flavor. Also hop bursted with an ounce of Centennial and Cascade.

TPxttaD.jpg

Here's what I've got racked right now (approx. 1bbl)

racked.jpg

Here's a couple videos of some full fermenter magic;

Last edited by a moderator:
Supposed to be a kolsch on the left, and the right was meant to be an imperial coffee milk stout. I had issues all brew day on the stout and think it will probably top out at 7%

image-720583561.jpg

IMG_20130511_184302_zps20b129f3.jpg

hopslam clone on the right
saison all the rest
american farmhouse yeast on the glass
then WLP500 trappist
then platinum bread yeast... 'cuz why the hell not.

In the middle a blonde canadian ale and on the outside are a chardonnay

Cant wait for all of them to be done so i can start my Hoegaarden clone!

image.jpg

Purple yeast! Racked off the blakcberries and added some fresh wort to top it off. Between that and some bottle dregs, the renewed fermentation has made a bunch of purple yeast.

image-3385609087.jpg

I ask swmbo how the kids are doing and she replies with pictures like this.

3 of our current lineup.

The youngest. A cream ale birthed on Tuesday.

20130329_140953_Hagrid.jpg

The mail mans kid oatmeal stout.

20130329_141245_Anne.jpg

The oldest, almost 16 months, a sour saison.

20130329_141407_Hagrid.jpg

Ha! Good woman! And the mail man's kid...that's priceless. Oh, wait, maybe because I'm a mailman....

bazowie said:
You asked for it, 40 gallons "Dark Scottish Ale"
Used some Chocolate malt, 3 different yeasts, US-05, Nottingingham and Windsor

Nice man that's a long brew day.

I could take a pic, but you would all see two buckets (IPA and an APA) in a cellar, doesn't seem exciting to me.

Back