• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

North Carolina Two keggles, a false bottom, and refractometer for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jebediahscooter

Reaction score
Making some upgrades to my system, so I have two weldless keggles for sale, $150 each. Both have bulkheads, ball valves (one 3-piece, one 2-piece), hose barbs, and dip tubes from bargainfittings.com. All leak-free but probably in need of some cleaning. Both keggles also have site glasses from Bobby M (they have tee fittings with plugs, so you could add thermometers to both pots without having to cut new holes).

Additionally, I have a 15" Jaybird false bottom and one of his discontinued hop blocker sort of things (it's a 3" or so steel ring with holes covered in mesh, sits underneath the FB for support and an added layer of filtration). $50 for both.

Also for sale is a refractometer (the $50 on Jaybird's site), barely used for $30.

I'm in Raleigh and would like to keep this limited to pick-up for Triangle area folks on the keggles. I'll ship the FB and/or refractometer, but shipping will be extra.

*Note: if at all possible, I'd like to not sell these keggles until my new brew pots arrive. Just getting these up to get the ball rolling, and we can discuss details and timelines and whatnot.

As requested, here are some photos. The first three are of the BK, and the second two are the HLT.

23sora.jpg

Note that the camlock is not included.

11klc2b.jpg

There's some wort burned onto the bottom of this one from a recent boilover, will take care of that for you. You can also see the plug in the site glass tee in this shot...remove to add a thermometer through the site glass bulkhead.

aw3uba.jpg

35choip.jpg

Hose barb included but not the hose.

5cf1vm.jpg

Thanks for the pics....
What did you brew today?

I did a 1.046 "session IPA." 8 oz of Simcoe, Nelson, and Amarillo all 15 minutes on. We'll see how at goes, my first stab at a low-grav super hoppy beer and my first stab at doing a hoppy beer without a 60-minute addition.

False bottom appears to be taken. Have an interested local person for the keggles, but nothing definite. Refractometer still available.

False bottom is confirmed sold and shipped out, and I'm meeting a guy Saturday about the keggles. There are 3 others locals in line if he doesn't take them, so I would venture to say that they will be sold soon.

Refractometer still for sale, $25 shipped.

Latest posts

Back