Moving, need some help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stirge

Reaction score
Ok I'm moving and I'm losing a fridge. Currently I have 3 cornys in a fridge and I'm losing that fridge. I need to transport a supply of frozen foods and I have a chest freezer I originally bought to turn into a keezer, but haven't done it and it's housing some sub zero ribs.

Do I need to keep my kegs cold through transition? Is it safe to just put them in the truck and wrap them in a blanket? Should I transport them in the freezer? I'm not sure what to do here. They are full of beer, good beer, and I don't want to lose it.

EDIT: 3 hour max move time, freezer will be last on the truck, 2 hours to location, first off the truck.

They will be fine. Especially if it's only a couple hours. Beer is a lot better with temperature swings than animal meat!

In carbonated kegs? Your fine. Now, if it was carboys exposed to sun light that would be an issue.

Latest posts

Back