Broke the tip!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyonshead

Reaction score
The tip to one of my centennial vines was caught in a thin loop on the twine it's running up. Trying to set it free it got stuck and sliced the tip right off. Will a side are form right there and take over? Or do I need to start training a new vine? It's about 4 ft high right now and I still have new shoots coming up every few days!

Edit: there is a thread two below the one I just started on the same topic! I'm an idiot... Sorry

Well, my newbie self clipped the tips of my bines intentionally a few weeks ago and have found that im getting a bunch of lateral growth now. So at each junction in getting 2 more bines off the main one. This will probably happen with yours after a short time. This was my intention to get lateral growth, but i later read i would yield less than if i would have left one main bine to grow.

Hope this helps!

I like to have 3-4 bines per plant, because there is always the risk of damage. So, if you only have one or two, I'd start training another.

Back