Looking for reviews on John Palmer's Elevenses Partial Mash Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the all grain version when it came out. Its been in bottles for almost 2 months i think. I enjoy it a lot, its a unique brown imo. The malt bill is interesting and smells great(was fun to toast the flaked oats), I mostly drink ipa's so im not sure how amazing it really is. I would recommend it though, I have gotten good feedback from friends, great beer to drink during game of thrones.

thanks

i also found it interesting that the all grain version is more expensive than partial grain version

I Have enjoyed mine and it seems to age gracefully. I brewed up a partial mash batch to see if I enjoyed the general flavor profile. I find that I enjoyed it enough even though my brewing practices were not totally perfect.

It is exactly what it says it is, a session beer that goes down smooth and easy. It has a good flavor profile if a touch thin in the mouth feel to me from time to time. I will note that the addition of the smoked wheat did not create the overpowering smoke taste that can often happen with beers incorporating smoked malt to the grain bill.

At some point in time soon I'll do the full grain version of it as I'm local to Northern Brewer to see what the differences are.

It strikes me as an excellent beer to play around with like adding Cocoa nibs (My idea for a second all grain batch) or perhaps some spices like anise.

Back