Cooling tower with ice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooperchaser

Reaction score
I am totally new to kegging and am starting my first build. We have a weekend place with a tiki bar outside. I would like to build a tower out of 3" PVC and wrap with wood which could be finished to match the tiki bar. I will have about two feet of pipe between the keezer and the tap. Could I just fill this with ice on Friday evenings to cool the beer line with a small drain out the bottom? My concern is the beer going bad during the week. I am trying to stay away from a fan inside the keezer if possible. Thanks for any info.

Well the fan is going to be the cheapest and easiest option. You can do the ice and that will work for the time before it melts. Good Luck!

I don't know if the ice will work very well unless the tower is insulated, plus you will have to clean up the water.

A fan will work but I think the simplest method is to run some copper up the tower to transfer the cold. There are plenty of threads showing both methods.

Back