Sam Adams "Little White Rye"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechMiller

Reaction score
Has anyone had this yet?
It comes in the new summer ale verity pack.

I love the flavor and aroma! At this point it is only available in the verity pack.
I would love to be able to work on a clone of this!

The neck label reads:
"Innocent yet beguiling, this hazy golden brew appears to be a classic witbier with its bright notes of orange citrus & coriander, but there's a bit more mischief up its sleeve. Behind its sweet exterior lies an intriguing blend of white sage and rye for an earthy, spicy, and thoroughly refreshing brew."

Discuss if you have tried this!

I haven't seen it yet. It sounds like a spicy Wit Bier. Compare it to Shock Top and Blue Moon. Hoegaarden is probably the most authentic of these types of beers. 1664 also sells a spicy Wit Bier in France.

For my taste, the beer should have the main flavor, with only subtle flavors of orange, coriander, and other spices. Wit Bier is my favorite, and I usually use only 1/2 the recommended spices.

Does it have as much spices as a Blue Moon?

I actually just drank the second one out of the sampler it's not my favorite from that sampler but it's very good it has a nice spice to it but not over done. I prefer the Belgian session in that pack it's great!

I also liked the belgian, the rye was very drinkable with small hints of spice. My girlfriend really enjoyed the rye also so that's always a +!

I'm having my first one now, and I'm really conflicted. I don't taste the orange, the coriander or the rye, but I DO taste sage...strong sage. At first I thought, WHOA! This would be a great beer for Thanksgiving (since I make a sage stuffing), but now that I'm halfway down with it, I'm thinking it's way over the top. I'm encouraged, however, because I never would've thought to use such a savory spice in a beer, and seeing Sammy do it warms my heart- it's a "big" brewery but still does cool stuff, even if it's not always perfect!

I agree it's a little spicy compared to other beers but I rather enjoy that in small doses. I prefer other beers in that sampler more for sure but hey it's a cool idea and I love the name

Back