Super-Kleer KC Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I decided to try and do a 7 pound amber DME recipe I found on here. I used a wyeast belgian trapist yeast. I left it in primary for 2 weeks then I racked on to 5 pounds of self pureed strawberries that I pasteurized on the stove when I moved into secondary. I had that sit on the strawberries for two weeks. I then racked off the strawberries into a thirdary (how ever you spell that), when I racked to the third, I added some Super-Kleer KC finning as per the suggestion from my LHBS. I was told it was suppose to help the pectin and to clear it up. So far it is still hazy after 24 hours and I am reading that it doesn't help with what i am trying to clear up. Was I told bad info and sold the wrong product? If so, is it to late to add pectin enzyme to the thirdary? Or will that give me off flavors with the multiple findings?

Also I just did my first partial mash last week! I hope it turns out well because Im hooked! Full grain here I come! I built my mash tun last night! :mug:

Racking to a third vessel is called a teritary. Gelatin might've been a better choice. I never had to use it,but others can tell you how to mix it up.

Hmmmm strawberry Belgian?!? Ok... does it really need to be clear??? I"m a fan of belgian beers most of which are bottle conditioned and are cloudy so, I brew all of my beers without worry of clarity. I'd rather have some one tell me "man that is some really great tasting beer" rather than someone saying "oh that is some really clear beer"

Back