Farmhouse Brewing Supply

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zamial

Reaction score
EXCELLENT vendor. Every order i have ever placed has been correct. I even screwed up my order 1 time, PMed the vendor here on HBT and had it squared away faster than I could drink a homebrew! Hops are as advertised and I get the majority of my hops from them! Fantastic prices and selection as well as customer service. This is my "go to" vendor for hops!

Also they have good deals on things besides hops. I am loving my SS Perlicks that I got from them for X-mas last year!

:mug:

One thing I love about these guys is that they offer hops in 4 oz packages. Sometimes I want a pound of hops, but other times I would have no use for a pound of one hop variety. Great prices, selection and the shipping has always been lightnight fast!

Nothing but good experiences with FHBS. Great hop pricing and all the variety I want. 4oz packets makes it easy to get a good amount of several types at good prices.

I ordered 3 Perlick 425s from them and was very happy with the product received. Price and shipping time were also very good.

I just ordered 2 Perlick 525SS with shanks and pieces last night. Before I got off the computer, I had already received an email saying the order was marked as shipped. I think the only way faster would be to teleport the items to my house.

Great price for these taps and great service. I had bought a pliny hop pack a couple months ago. I think it's about time to use it.

I have made two large hop/grain orders from farmhouse and was very pleased both times. I will definitely order from here again.

Another +1 for these guys. I order almost all of my hops from them because of the great deals on the 4 oz prices. It allows me to stock up but still have variety, and you really can't beat their price even with shipping. I've also ordered grains and dry yeast and have always been very happy with their service. I tend to order over the weekend and almost always get a shipping notice on Sunday and it always ships Monday and gets to me Thurs (shipped to Philly). I would definitely recommend them! :rockin:

I also love the 4oz packaging. I don't have to spend forever repackaging a full pound when it arrives, and I can get a better selection for my money. Plus, the prices are still very good, shipping super fast, and shipping rates very reasonable.

I recently bought some stainless shanks, tail pieces and perl 525ss faucets from them. They shipped quickly. Only issue I had was with the shanks themselves - they were not bored correctly. I contacted them, and they had the manufacturer send me replacements directly which I got in relatively short time.

I will definitely order from them in the future!

Just received my first purchase from Farmhouse. Great pricing and I love the 4 oz of hops, as others do. I made a mistake and had to amend the order. John was available by email and he refunded my order before it shipped so that I could place a new order. I only really go online to buy hops and Farmhouse is my go-to now.

Yep. +1 here as well. Even with the cost of shipping, grain is cheaper than my LHBS and hops are about 1/3 the price. I only go to my local shop for items they don't carry.

Very fast order to ship time. Placed my order last night after 8pm and I had an email with a tracking number today before noon. I had gotten so accustomed to emailing places after 4 days to find out what the status was that this took me by complete surprise. Now I just wish they had Centennial pellets so I can buy something else from you guys.

Ordered a few odds and ends from Farmhouse that my lhbs didn't carry. Prices were good, shipping fast and very good communication.

Opened my package and made this face ಠ_ಠ because I had a Vienna Malt sack staring at me in the face. First thing through my mind was "This is going to cost more to send back than it's worth." Then I realized it was an empty sack used for packing material. Props for reusing materials.

The last time I ordered hops from them, they sent me a killer sticker with their logo on it. It now rests on one of my beer pitchers, it's always good for company asking "What's Farmhouse Brewing Supply?".

I've ordered from him many times. Hops are always packaged well and fresh, grain is milled fine and bagged properly. He's very communicative on Facebook, prices are fantastic and of course we both have the best name ever: John.

Boom.

6 faucets and shanks, 30 pounds of spec grains, plus other stuff.

all went well and great customer care.

Keep it up.

I order about 70% of my hops from him, always good pricing and service.

Just like Nightrider, I'm lucky enough to be able to call them my LHBS! Great place; if you are ever heading past Janesville on the Interstate, pull off at the northern exit and they are only 1/2 mile away on the main road.
John has a good selection of yeast on hand in addition to the hop supply. Good selection of kegging supplies too.

I wish this was my local home brew shop! I've ordered many times online and have been happy with each order. :mug:

I have been using farmhouse for my hops for the last few months. Always a good price, always ships fast and a smooth transaction. I doubt i'd ever switch.

I just got my first order from Farmhouse last Friday. My only disappointment is not finding them sooner. I really like the 4oz packaging, very nice balance between price and convenience. Got a bit carried away and bought 4 1/2 lbs. "just because". When I opened the box I was fully expecting to find fine crystal inside the foam wrapping and packing peanuts.

IMG_1783.jpg

I've been ordering from Farmhouse for a little over a year. They are a great company to deal with. I've crunched the numbers and the difference between major vendors is minimal (less than 5%), so it really comes down to quality & service. (Knock on wood) I've never had an issue with my yeast surviving the dreaded UPS trip, even in summer. The yeast is is packed in a separate box, with ice packs (pay the buck) and burried in the middle of the grains. I've had the vendor send me an e-mail that he will wait to ship the order on Monday, so that the yeast doesn't have to sit in a truck/warehouse over the weekend. That's a homebrewer looking out for a homebrewer.

My first time ordering from them, super communication and very fast delivery. I was shocked that they had the nearly 1.5 pounds of citra that I needed when nobody else seemed to have any....

I've ordered over 20lbs of hops from them along with various other things like grain, tubing, clarifier, etc. and I have zero complaints. Highly recommended.

My last ordered. I called, confirmed how the products will be shipped. Owner is professional. Placed order and shipped fast.

They have the best custom packaging on the pellets.

i love john. i always get my hops from him and the best part hes only a few hrs away from me so i get all my orders in 2 days 3 tops

Pretty sure this is my new go-to place. Just very quick, efficient, and I love how they started from a few pounds of hops. Very satisfied with them.

Back