Favorite Breakfast Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smonteton

Reaction score
Nothing like waking up to a cold one , I love myself a good Ipa in the morning its like refreshing liquid home cooked breakfast .

What are some of your favorite breakfast beers?

Yes. +1 for breakfast beer.

I love a good hefe in the summer. A dry breakfast stout is nice in the winter, a pale ale in the Spring. I usually like mellow & low gravity. Anything over 1.060 on an empty stomach is a little rough. Make sure to wash it down with eggs & sausage.

Double imperial stout usually in the 12.8%abv range

No way, not a beer for breakfast person at all.

Breakfast Stout in the winter!!!!! Coffee, chocolate, whiskey, oatmeal, a hint of oak.

In the summer its usually something pale or belgian.

When I`m not working I usually have a Michelada at around 10 am
and then go from there.In the winter months I`ll have a nice Chocolate
Stout if I have em in the fridge.

Cheers

And here I thought I was a drunk.........:) ..........I crack my first of 4 nightly at 6:30 or 7pm........

God bless ya brother.I`ve been drinking beer daily for 40 years and find
it impossible to get drunk off it.I am from the old school.I don`t trust
the water, beer is boiled and chemical free. -Knock on wood- I rarely
get sick.

Cheers

my first iipa for breakfast today woke up with a mad hang over so thought this would be a good one , pyrimid outburst 8.5% :mug:

Not during the work week, but I gravitate towards pale ales in spring/summer. For some reason I prefer canned beers earlier in the day. Can't go wrong with Oskar Blues dales pa. Especially mowing the lawn on a hot summer late-morning/early PM

Kind of depends on the breakfast. I like coffee-like porters with oatmeal, and Fat Tire in my Fruity Pebbles, in lieu of milk.

As for lox and bagels, beer won't cut it. Mimosas, baby; mimosas.

I generally don't drink at breakfast unless I'm on vacation or don't have anywhere to go. The few times I have, a hefe is nice and refreshing in the morning.

That being said, I made some pancakes a while back with vanilla porter in the batter, and they were pretty badass. :ban:

cant say I've ever had a beer for breakfast, but i have had on occasions a nice vodka lemonade early in the morning. I'm usually with the guys on the golf course. got a cigar in one had and my putter in the other and by putter i mean my golf club not my....oh who am i kidding its my putter.

You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning. That being said one of my favorite beers was Founder's Breakfast stout served with bacon and eggs camping. The only issue I had was lack of caffeine so I would have to have soda or make coffee which was also a PITA. I used Water Joe when I made my own batch of breakfast stout. Camping/all day events have never been better.

I like the idea of breakfast beers so much I may try a 7 course breakfast paired with a different beer to each course.

I don't know if this counts with the spirit of the thread, but when I used to work midnights as a medic, my partner and I would often go to a breakfast place that had a bar, and have Guinness and omlettes...then again, that was our evening, even though it was at 07:30!

drainbamage said:
I generally don't drink at breakfast unless I'm on vacation or don't have anywhere to go.

this. But I had a really nice Belgian Single from Hardywood for brunch a few weeks ago!

I don't usually have beer in the morning,but today I had one of my dark hybrid lagers with scrambled eggs & pork-n-beans. Almost irish breakfast...:drunk:

+1 on the RIS.

Remember: Beer => More than just a breakfast beverage . . .

Intuition Brewing's Truckstop Breakfast Stout. It's a roasty sweet coffee stout back sweetened with a little maple syrup.

I prefer a hard cider in the morning. It's my apple juice.

We do have a bangin breakfast spot near me. Whenever we go, I get either a locally brewed stout or Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald.

We need a place like that around here! An Irish breakfast sort of thing would've been great on a cold morning like this.

The local brewery I help out at has a "No Joka Mocha" stout. And no joka, it tastes just like cold coffee! When we tasted the first batch, all I could think was how it needed eggs and bacon to go with it.

I work shift work and usually drink a chocolate coffee stout for breakfast when I'm on midnight shift.

Back