Batcb number 2 recipe advice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheChamber2113

Reaction score
So, with my first batch (IPA) sitting in a bucket in my basement for the last week, I have started to get the urge to make a second batch. Considering the IPA won't be won't be complete for some time and I have a second bucket and airlock sitting there looking lonely, I'm looking for advice on batch #2. It's now officially summer and I was thinking of going with a lighter colored beer. I was kinda hoping to come up with a recipe that will produce a light colored, mildly hoppy beer with a little lower ABV than the IPA's 6.7%. Am I correct in believing that a beer like that will take a little less time? Not sure what it would be considered, maybe a mild APA? I'm hoping for something that will be a little more summer appropriate and something that I could share with my buddy (dislikes IPA's and hoppy beers) and he would still enjoy while still maintaining a little hop bitterness and aroma. I still have quite a bit of Munton's Crystal Malt 60L let from the last batch and was wondering if that would be appropriate to use in this second batch? And should I add my extract close to flameout to produce a lighter colored beer? Any tips, comments, thoughts, or recipes would be appreciated! Thanks!

I just brewed my first go round with Biermunchers Centennial Blonde. Won't make use of the Muntons you have, I don't think, but a quick and easy recipe that is recommended here almost every time a question similar to this is posed. Someone will surely pop a link to it on here soon, but you could always Google it or search the forum.

and yes, I would definitely go for late extract addition.

Haha I appreciate the swift responses and I like the looks of that beer recipe. Im a little confused about it thought. The recipe is referred to as "all grain" and I'm not 100% sure what that means for starters. Also I think it calls for a boil of 6.57 gallonsand iI am not equipped to really do a batch that large. I'm working off of an older gas stove and a 4 gallon aluminum pot. Even that (placed over two burners) takes a significant amount of time to heat to a boil. I'm not sure that I could handle that much liquid even if I bought a new pot. Any ideas?

Post #10 has an extract version. And you could always just do a two or three gallon boil and top off to 5.5 gallons.

I actually just finished brewing it for the first time about a month ago. Its really drinkable, and is good for almost all beer drinkers, BMC and craft drinkers alike. I think you'll be happy with it.

Latest posts

Back