Wiring an indicater lamp when soliniod valve opens

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewtime

Reaction score
I am re engineering my control box and have added a few unnecessary bells and whistles. I bought the following led pilot lamps so then the solenoid fires the lamp will illuminate to let me know when the burners are lit.

mv4YvMwPX13d99psN_AIvVg.jpg

23621web.jpg
current+setup.jpg

The back schematics is the only one could find on line to post a picture. The solenoid valve is using the J2 (13,14) to open the valve
I think that position 4 &5 will power the light when the valve fires but I am not sure what the wiring would look like. Any suggestions or insight would be welcomed

Well, without knowing what the rest of your schematic looks like, it's hard to give any real good informed advice. I'm can only assume that this solenoid valve opens when a particular temperature is reached since the solenoid is wired to the Alarm 2 relay.

If you want the LED to light when the solenoid is activated, then you need to first determine that the LED light you bought can handle 110V. Since you have not provided any specs on the LED, I can't tell you that. So, provided that the light can handle 110V, then you will simply need to parallel the light with the solenoid off of terminal 13 and connect the other side to neutral. You will want to determine if the relay in the PID can handle the current draw of the solenoid AND indicator light though. Chances are that you should be OK, but again, I can't say for sure. Hope this helps!

sorry for not providing all the details the valve is 110v and the lamp is 120v AC/DC. Sounds like the wiring should be pretty strait forward. Thanks for the reply.

Latest posts

Back