Help:gifted wort from a microbrew, for funsies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davepeds

Reaction score
To our local homebrew club, don't call me out on this one, please.

To everyone else, this is cool. A local microbrew, just opened, is doing a homebrew collaboration. They're making a simple pale ale wort: modest bitterness at 35 IBU and OG in the 1.050 range. There will be no added flavoring or aroma hops. They boil it, cool it, and dole it out to homebrewers in a celebration - 5 gal at a time. We take it home, do strange things to it, and we'll bring it all back in for a party in 2-3 months.

I'm excited, but entirely stuck. There are just too many options. I've had ideas as weird as a savory beer, boring as a simple pale ale, and all kinds between. Since this brewery is being so cool with us, and because it's such a hi five to home brewing, I thought I'd open my 5 gallons up to the HBT audience.

What should we do? Sky's the limit, except I don't have a lagering system.
Also, since they put it up on their website, I'm assuming it's ok to out them on their kick ass idea.
http://roughtailbeer.com/blog

got the recipe so far?

Did something similar one time. I would suggest reboiling and putting some flavor/aroma hops. dry hopping. possible fruit addition. This sounds like an awesome get together.

Add some durian fruit in secondary. Then when you take it back for the tasting, tell everybody it was dry-hopped with citra, amarillo, and galaxy.

Back