Shawn Kemp (Not the Seattle Super Sonics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skemp45

Reaction score
Hey everyone My name is Shawn Kemp, not to be confused with the power forward from the Seattle Super Sonics. I am new to brewing and have been home brewing for about 2 months now. I am very into things that allow creativity and things that challenge the mind. I also do a lot of web design on the side for fun. I have started a website to track my beers and brewing process. The link for my website is Here If any of you have some great tips or suggestions for a beginner I promise to listen "If you are talking you are not learning". ALL FOR BREW AND BREW FOR ALL!!!!

photo.jpg

Welcome. Your asking for a lot of info. Do you do extract or all grain?
-control your fermentation temperatures
-buy big if your planning on going to all grain
-wash yeast to save some $
-experiment to see what you prefer (hops, grains, yeast, process, etc)
-get ready to diy to save $
-buy beers to see what you want to make, drink a lot :)
-nail your process down.
-get a good thermometer and maybe a backup also
-kit procedures aren't always the best

Here's my random dump
Have fun and enjoy the finished product.
Welcome again.

Thanks for the info purge, I really like any and all advice as long as it is helpful. Nice to meet you as well!

Well, I can believe that as my mind has been engulfed with recipe ideas and brewing rig ideas all month hahah.

Just brewed my second batch in 2 weeks tonight!! Brew day went just as planned lets just hope fermenting goes just as well. I brewed a Cream Ale

Back