What are your seasonal meads?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hrahn1995

Reaction score
Hi guys, 1 thing i have noticed is a lot of people do like one batch of a certain mead a year due to availability of ingredients. i was wonder what everyone's specialty or seasonal mead is? for me its probably my cyser and ciders in october, then mulberry mead in june when they ripen around me, and the winter batch of spiced mead made in july so they are read for the season.

What do you guys make? have any pictures? want to share any recipes?

I intend to do a blood orange every jan/feb, cider/cyser in the fall, flower wine and strawberry rhubarb in the spring and raspberry, Saskatoon berry and choke cherry every summer.

I'm making dandilion and a 1 gallon batch of lilac this spring.

Saskatoons are a berry the grows wild here on tall bushes. They most resemble blue berries but they have larger seeds and taste sort of like a cross between a blueberry and an almond.

Saskatoons are a berry the grows wild here on tall bushes. They most resemble blue berries but they have larger seeds and taste sort of like a cross between a blueberry and an almond.

we have them here too, I was always told a 50/50 mix of blueberries and cranberries was a good way to get the flavor if you ran out of saskatoons. I know this works for baking, never tried it in winemaking or mead

Last fall I did a Cyser, I'll be doing a Cyser and a pumpkin mead this fall. And maybe start a nice blueberry recipe tradition for the summer? But definitely the pumpkin and cyser meads.

Latest posts

Back