What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I'm late everyone so what's everybody drinking tonight? :)

ForumRunner_20130430_205613.png

Homebrew club member originally from that region was kind enough to share some Surly Bender at club meeting earlier. From the little bit I had seems that brewery lives up to its hype. Probably going to have my Hefe in a minute or two.

If you like the Bender, you should try some Coffee Bender. Much better stuff

Thanks Nuke. This is a great beer it actually reminds me of a beer that blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville Montana has. It is a brewery only on tap beer called cutthroat IPA. If anyone ever gets the chance you must try it... love this gandhi-bot.

Having a Stone IPA. It's got a great hop flavor that must come from centennial. The only beer I've had close to that flavor was an all centennial IPA from Thai Me Up in Jackson Hole. If anyone has an IPA recipe close to Stone's I'd love to try it.

Swarley88 said:

Coffee Bender is one I'd like to try one day. I could probably go broke just trading for Surly brews with you guys up there in MN. ;)

Coffee Bender is one I'd like to try one day. I could probably go broke just trading for Surly brews with you guys up there in MN. ;)

I haven't had Bender, but Coffee Bender is a really good, unique beer. It was the foundation of the 'trading for beers my wife likes' program.

TNGabe said:
I haven't had Bender, but Coffee Bender is a really good, unique beer. It was the foundation of the 'trading for beers my wife likes' program.

I wish I could enact that program, but my wife hates beer. So I'm pretty much screwed. On the bright side I get to listen to griping about how beer isn't worth what I spend on it. So there's always that. ;)

Stone IRS brewed W/ Espresso. 2013 "Odd Year" release. So damn good! Cheers:mug:

HQ Ale. What's that? You say... Essentially a light ale, HQ for homecoming queen. just under 4% abv but with some very nice malty flavor and a noticeable but not overwhelming cascade hops zing.

MuddyCreek said:
HQ Ale. What's that? You say... Essentially a light ale, HQ for homecoming queen. just under 4% abv but with some very nice malty flavor and a noticeable but not overwhelming cascade hops zing.

Something for the high school kids? C'mon man, give us a little history. My chess club stout is rockin tonight :drunk:

Today is a Toøl "Reparationsbajer" which has Amarillo, Centennial and Nelson Sauvin :D

ForumRunner_20130501_190521.png

I also bought this but am going to try to save them for the weekend! Collection of limited edition single hop IPAs from BrewDog.

ForumRunner_20130501_190541.png

So my wife and I are sitting at the local HBS enjoying a GKnight.

image-1896658644.jpg

After two of them she has a great idea! She wants to buy a case of beer she never tried. These were her choices

image-2336037539.jpg

Carolus gouden triple

image-3959008169.jpg

SN Summerfest

image-3792460272.jpg

Hoptimus

image-1591969882.jpg

Left hand Nitro

image-2268552366.jpg

Bells Oberon any thoughts?

This one's not making it to the weekend... I suppose it was inevitable really! ;)

ForumRunner_20130501_212331.png

75 IBU all from Dana, heavy late and dry hopping too. Massively spicy on the nose is what I'm getting right now, pretty great. Think I preferred the Goldings one I had the other day still.

Swarley88 said:
Is that the box I sent you that I got sent from someone Wes?

That would be it. You're getting it right back.
It's a good box. The extra inner lining cardboard makes me feel good about the odds of everything making it in one piece.

Yes! It's out! :ban:

Great local lager, in a perfect generic longneck bottle with easy-to-remove labels for homebrew. What's not to love?

This also comes out in a can in some places - don't be a snob, grab some even if it is in a can.

Cisco Summer Lager.jpg

So my wife and I are sitting at the local HBS enjoying a GKnight.

After two of them she has a great idea! She wants to buy a case of beer she never tried. These were her choices

Carolus gouden triple

SN Summerfest

Hoptimus

Left hand Nitro

Bells Oberon any thoughts?

Left hand Nitro is what I would pick ;)

Back