Satisfaction with Auber Illuminated Pushbutton Switches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schwartzr33

Reaction score
I'm curious if people have been happy with the Auber illuminated pushbuttons, in terms of how bright they are? This sentence from the Auber website worries me: "However, it works fine for 120VAC with hardly any noticeable light intensity changes." And shuckit had some dissatisfaction with them in his build. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm curious if people have been happy with the Auber illuminated pushbuttons, in terms of how bright they are? This sentence from the Auber website worries me: "However, it works fine for 120VAC with hardly any noticeable light intensity changes." And shuckit had some dissatisfaction with them in his build. Thanks for the feedback.

The way I read the website was that they don't drain enough amps to cause an intensity drop in whatever you are switching them with.

I'm building a E-BIAB control panel now that includes three of them. I can't yet say how they will work as I haven't powered anything yet.

i havent powered one with 240, but my 120 build has them bright enough

you can find the auber ones for like 1/2 price from chinese sellers on ebay if you can wait for shipping. most are bright enough, I think the green one I got is barely notable, though could just be a bad batch.

I use the Auber ones in my panel. They work great.

Off
photo-14-1.jpg

Most switches on.
photo-15.jpg

I use one of them and it works well, it is just as bright as the rest of my indicators, they came from Aubers too.

Sorry I don't have a picture of it lit up, but it is just as bright as what is.

As the OP mentioned, I've got one bright one and two dim ones.

I thought that I had a similar problem on my newly-finished panel. One nice, bright green button. One red that looked purple and wasn't nearly as bright and then a blue that didn't light up at all (yes, I checked the voltage) except for a faint red ring around the outside of the button..

So, I e-mailed Auberins yesterday evening to let them know exactly what I had going on. Early this morning, I already had a reply from them asking if it may be possible that I had mixed up some of the buttons and switch bodies when I had them separated for installation. The LEDs in the switch are colored-matched to their specific button. They won't shine through the other color lenses correctly or even at all. I checked and found that I had indeed swapped the red and blue ones. When I put the right buttons on their switches, every one of the buttons shone brightly when activated.

Thanks Auberins.:rockin:

I checked and found that I had indeed swapped the red and blue ones.

I made the same mistake, and after taking them all apart and noticing the light differences, came up with the same fix. Definitely a bone-head mistake, but an easy one to fix!

:smack:

I made the same mistake, and after taking them all apart and noticing the light differences, came up with the same fix. Definitely a bone-head mistake, but an easy one to fix!

:smack:

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one. :D

I sent shuckit a PM yesterday about this. He switched a couple of buttons and all of his are now shining brightly when pushed.

I did a plain water test-run on mine today to check pump and element operation as well as determine what my boil-off would look like. It was also a good opportunity to get used to the PID controller. I really like the Auberins lighted switches. I'm hoping to add my plate chiller this weekend and run my first E-BIAB batch sometime next week. Maybe a Vienna/Amarillo SMASH with Nottingham at 57*F would be a good first one.

Back