Starting Homebrew Club in NW Suburbs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice turnout! It was cool to talk to some new people in the hobby. Sorry for only bringing our old, long dead, black ipa and a green over-oaked RIS. I didnt want to bring any of our good stuff in case you all were a bunch of hipster d-bags. lmao j/k We are also a bit short on beer at the moment, but soon to have 28g of Brown Ale. We will def bring some of that next month, and maybe a vanilla bean RIS.

Steel Panther guy rules!!

Yes, meetings are on the second Tuesday of each month, 7:00pm, at Bigby's Pour House. Next meeting is Jan 8th. Hope to see you there.

How did I not know there was a home brew club at Bigby's? I live in Addison. I've been going to Bigby's since before Ed owned it, and I have been bringing Mike, Ed, and Nick home brew for two years now. I will try to make your next meeting. How many brewers are usually there?

Our last meeting had 18 brewers show up. Apparently Bigby's will be closed the day our next meeting is scheduled. I will post when and where we decide to hold the next meeting.

I would like to check out the meeting too. My bro in PALE out of Plainfield sent me this post. I'm in Carol Stream. I wont be able to make Feb and March 2nd Tuesday on the month so I hope we can set a different date this month! I look forward to it.

Our next meeting will be Tuesday January 8th at 7:00pm. Our meetings normally take place at Bigby's Pour House in Addison, but Bigby's is closed on the 8th so we set up a tour and tasting at Church Street Brewing Company in Itasca. Normally we share our homebrew at meetings but Church Street does not allow us to do this, so after we take the tour there I am open to people coming back to my place to do some home brew sharing.

Here is the address to Church Street Brewing
1480 Industrial Drive
Unit C
Itasca IL 60143

I don't feel like posting my address on here so if you show up at Church Street I will give you directions then.

Just wanted to make people aware of another NW club... Club Wort in Palatine meets at Durty Nellies the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:30.

We're about 50 people, we have a good amount of equipment for loan, we host club brew-ins a number of times a year, and do pub crawls, tours, etc as well.

I don't want to recruit away from your group or suggest we're any better. The more clubs the merrier! Just throwing it out there in case anyone is closer.

(Honestly, if I hadn't been a member there before I moved, I'd probably have joined yours as I live right near Bigby's!)

Since you're local, maybe you should swing by and check out our next meeting. We'll be having our in club competition judging and would be happy to have you be a guest judge for it :mug:

Back