What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-3225686377.jpg

FermentNEthinG said:
2013 stone old guardian. The trend this year for barley wines seems to be hopping the **** outta them. Gonna definitely age those out so I can enjoy some malt characteristics in them!

I really liked that one, it was pretty hoppy but what I liked is that it wasn't super sweet or heavy. I like my BWs a little on the drier side than most.

You don't care for the rest of the line up? Do you not like beer? Haha just giving ya a hard time, have you tried Alchemy Hour? Eliot Ness, Commodore perry?

When I say don't care much for something, it doesn't mean I dislike it. All of GL's beer are good, but when I buy beer I want it to be very good.

I tried Commodore Perry and thought is was a fairly pedestrian Midwestern IPA. Not bad, unoffensive, certainly drinkable, but not great. I want to try Alchemy Hour and have heard good things about it. Haven't tried Elliot Ness.

Burning River pale ale is weak. Nosferatu is ok. Dortmunder Gold is pretty good for the style. I liked their Xmas beer. Generally, Founders and Bells are more to my liking than GL in the same category. Edmund's Fitz is an exception.

When I say don't care much for something, it doesn't mean I dislike it. All of GL's beer are good, but when I buy beer I want it to be very good.

I tried Commodore Perry and thought is was a fairly pedestrian Midwestern IPA. Not bad, unoffensive, certainly drinkable, but not great. I want to try Alchemy Hour and have heard good things about it. Haven't tried Elliot Ness.

Burning River pale ale is weak. Nosferatu is ok. Dortmunder Gold is pretty good for the style. I liked their Xmas beer. Generally, Founders and Bells are more to my liking than GL in the same category. Edmund's Fitz is an exception.

Ahh gotcha, I see what ya mean. Enjoying a Two Hearted as we speak :mug:

bottlebomber said:
I really liked that one, it was pretty hoppy but what I liked is that it wasn't super sweet or heavy. I like my BWs a little on the drier side than most.

I like it myself. But I was looking for that malty sweetness to balance the punch in the face I encountered from the hops. It definitely finishes dry. I found that it took me until the second glass to find the balance in the flavor. Just needed to get used to the IBU rush!

Now I will continue on with the palate torture..it only seems fitting after AllenH's post.

:mug:

image-2282825784.jpg

Swarley88 said:
I would've sent you some if I knew that. I sent two other fun beers though.

Hey, there's always next time. I'm sure I will thoroughly enjoy what you sent me this time.

Had to go buy some more Funky Galaxy, so I'm drinking another one. Dark farm house ale thats been hopped with galaxy and fermented with belgian yeast and bret. This stuff is like liquid crack; once you try it, you can't stop...

Had to go buy some more Funky Galaxy, so I'm drinking another one. Dark farm house ale thats been hopped with galaxy and fermented with belgian yeast and bret. This stuff is like liquid crack; once you try it, you can't stop...

I gotta get me some. If I can't get some here in Minnesota, you might have to send me some ;).

Your tempting me to open mine now buddy. How's the supply over at Liquor Barrel? I will have to grab one late next week if I drink mine tonight. Worried places will be out.

Swarley88 said:
I gotta get me some. If I can't get some here in Minnesota, you might have to send me some ;).

Only if you can send me some Abrasive, or furious...

Swarley88 said:
I hope you do, you know a Two Hearted is in there. But the second is a surprise ;)

Awesome, thanks! I'm a big fan of Bell's. I'm looking forward to finally having a Two Hearted.

Your tempting me to open mine now buddy. How's the supply over at Liquor Barrel? I will have to grab one late next week if I drink mine tonight. Worried places will be out.

It's -1 after today. :D I think they had a few left in the cooler and I suspect they have more in back, cuz I've seen the cooler dwindle, then be restocked. I still have a decent handful in my cellar too.

It's -1 after today. :D I think they had a few left in the cooler and I suspect they have more in back, cuz I've seen the cooler dwindle, then be restocked. I still have a decent handful in my cellar too.

If worst comes to worse would you want to part with one of em and sell me one? I am sure it won't come to that. Place I work at has 2 that noone is touching. And I know some places round my neck of the woods selling for 30 still :s.

If worst comes to worse would you want to part with one of em and sell me one? I am sure it won't come to that. Place I work at has 2 that noone is touching. And I know some places round my neck of the woods selling for 30 still :s.

Yeah, I probably have spares. It's still around, just gotta look in the suburbs mainly. A guy in my club said it's all over in the southwest burbs. I've seen it around a few places just north of 694. Don't overpay either, I got this bottle for $18.99 tonight.

Had three of Abita's Turbodogs with supper here in Lafayette. Wasn't crazy about it the first couple of times that I tried it but for whatever reason I got my Turbodog epiphany tonight and am ready to go brew a clone now.

image-1478732462.jpg

Obligatory picture

Yeah, I probably have spares. It's still around, just gotta look in the suburbs mainly. A guy in my club said it's all over in the southwest burbs. I've seen it around a few places just north of 694. Don't overpay either, I got this bottle for $18.99 tonight.

I figured its still around. I just have to get it next Friday, which it probably will be still around then too. Yeah I for sure don't want to pay the 30$ for one. I'm gonna go for it, Pentagram sounds mighty tasty right now

image-4081965266.jpg

Bitter Root Nut Brown from a trade with LoloMT7. I have had 3 beers from this brewery, a BIPA ( outstanding) a red (outstanding) and this one (solid example of the style). Lolo, you are lucky to have this brewery so close to you.

Latest posts

Back