Shooting at a distance of 1 mile 1760 yards

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizz

Reaction score
Hey HBT! Just made a short video of me shooting the Savage 110 BA 338 Lapua at a distance of 1760 yards- 1mile. Hope you enjoy the video!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice shooting. If you ever get up into Idaho let me know and we can shoot rockchucks out to a mile. That and I got a range set up with a mile and everything closer

Wow, great glass!! Some folks do not understand that there is nothing wrong with spending more money on glass than the rifle itself. Especially when you want to reach out and touch something from the next county over.

Wow, great glass!! Some folks do not understand that there is nothing wrong with spending more money on glass than the rifle itself. Especially when you want to reach out and touch something from the next county over.
Yep. That's part of what's holding me up on my long-range rifle build. I've got the action picked out, and can afford it. But I can't afford to spend the same amount on a scope for it.

Love the "Reach out and touch someone" shooting :)

I have a vision... Its either a Texas Brigade Armory M40A5 in 338 RUM (if they will do a RUM), or an AI AX338. Either rifle with US Optics glass.

That's awesome. I've been eyeing that same rifle for a while. The only thing that has held me back is my eyesight...it's been getting progressively worse and I think I'm better off sticking to the pistol range these days. Nice shooting.

Back