Finally Got A KEG!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csells10

Reaction score
So for my birthday a buddy of mine had a corny keg that he had once used to make his own root beer, it needs a bit of cleaning but i'm excited to start Kegging! that being said where would be the best place to look for equipment for lines and regulators and co2 dispensers

Thanks!

I had several great experiences with Kegconnection.com, which is also a vendor on this site. They offer flat rate shipping, and you can customize any order. They can also answer, any questions you might have. Cheers :mug:

BeverageFactory is another good vendor. My $0.02... Spend a little extra coin and get a decent faucet like a Perlick.

I'll third KegConnection. Great service. I would also recommend going with a kit (regulator + hoses + faucets + etc.) to start out with. If you haven't kegged before, some of the fittings and sizes are a little confusing. KegConnection ships the regulator with hoses, quick disconnects, MFLs, etc. all hooked up for you.

I would also recommend getting the higher-end hardware to start out with. If you're anything like me, you'll probably want to upgrade at some point and it's a tough pill to swallow when you've already spent $30 on a faucet that works ok. It's only an extra ~$15 per faucet for Perlicks, and it sounds like you're planning to start with 1-2 faucets.

BeverageFactory is another good vendor. My $0.02... Spend a little extra coin and get a decent faucet like a Perlick.

Ordered mine from them as well, should be arriving on Saturday :)

I was going to order through Keg Connection, however all their kits now are labeled as "Sanke" and elsewhere on their page they stated that they do not recommend "Sanke" for home brewers, so thats why i went with beverage factory.

I was going to order through Keg Connection, however all their kits now are labeled as "Sanke" and elsewhere on their page they stated that they do not recommend "Sanke" for home brewers, so thats why i went with beverage factory.

This is just plain wrong information, kegconnection.com sells all types of kits. and when the kit arrives at your place, it's basically already hooked up for you. OP, do you self a favor, and check out their Home brew kegerator kit. This is just the simplest one-tap kit, they have more if needed. Ben does the custom orders, if you have any questions about it.http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=706 ALSO worth noting, make sure that you know weather you have a BALL LOCK or PIN LOCK KEG

Additionally, you said he used the keg previously for root beer. I would suggest you clean the keg well and replace the o-rings. Root beer seems to like to stick around for some reason.

Thanks! I'll check all those companies out, i think my first challenge is convincing my wife for a beer fridge to keep the keg cold...

csells10 said:
Thanks! I'll check all those companies out, i think my first challenge is convincing my wife for a beer fridge to keep the keg cold...

I would also check out NorthernBrewer.com for parts. I use them all of the time but I live near their retail shop.

As for the beer fridge, I recommend building a collar for a chest freezer and using a temperature controller. Keep your eye on Craigslist and you'll find one cheap, if not free. My analog controller was $50 from Amazon and works wonderfully.

This is just plain wrong information, kegconnection.com sells all types of kits. and when the kit arrives at your place, it's basically already hooked up for you. OP, do you self a favor, and check out their Home brew kegerator kit. This is just the simplest one-tap kit, they have more if needed. Ben does the custom orders, if you have any questions about it.http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=706 ALSO worth noting, make sure that you know weather you have a BALL LOCK or PIN LOCK KEG

I still disagree, either the website needs work, or sections are not showing everything. Such as i was after refrigerator kits
( http://stores.kegconnection.com/Cat...mmercial+Kegerator+Kits:Refrigerator+Keg+Kits )

If you look every item listed for this option is Sanke. So even though he may be able to sell a ball or pin style, it's the fact that myself as an end user, following the simple navigation on the site of what i wanted was unable to quickly find it. I'm also sure he does custom orders, however i like quick and easy.. following the navigation on the site i was unable to find what i was after, and moved elsewhere. I'm not trying to talk crap about his business or his site, i know he's highly recommended and i respect that, however i will state that his site needs work because i was unable to quickly find what i was after.

I still disagree, either the website needs work, or sections are not showing everything. Such as i was after refrigerator kits
( http://stores.kegconnection.com/Cat...mmercial+Kegerator+Kits:Refrigerator+Keg+Kits )

If you look every item listed for this option is Sanke. So even though he may be able to sell a ball or pin style, it's the fact that myself as an end user, following the simple navigation on the site of what i wanted was unable to quickly find it. I'm also sure he does custom orders, however i like quick and easy.. following the navigation on the site i was unable to find what i was after, and moved elsewhere. I'm not trying to talk crap about his business or his site, i know he's highly recommended and i respect that, however i will state that his site needs work because i was unable to quickly find what i was after.

I know that your not talking bad about them, but, you are misinforming others, on what looks to be a simple mistake. Under the main home page, look to the left, at the categories. Towards the top, it states Homebrew Kegerator Kits. That IS what you were looking for... Not commercial keg kits, or commercial to homebrew.

Back