Kit and kilo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesseroberge

Reaction score
I want to make a muttons nut brown ale and add 100% DME instead of corn sugar, they ask for 1kg or 2.2 lbs of corn sugar ehat is the correct amount for DME... TY

Anyone ? Can I use the exact amount of DME for my kitthat they say for sugar ? Is the sugar and DME the same sugar content ? Will I have the same OG ?

twocan/toocan is a common step-up from kit and kilo.

some will use 2 cans of hopped extract (2 kits) or 1 kit can and 1 can of LME.

I have done 4-5 of kit and kilo. For a darker beer i got 1 can Pre hopped LME and 1kg of DME but for a lighter beer i got 1 can pre hopped LME, 500grams (1 lbs ish) DME and 500grams of dextrose. Too much DME can make those kits a bit too sweet for my taste. The dextrose drys out thise lighter beers.

Thanks guys :) I just added a can of Muttons Nut Brown Ale with 1 kg of DME :) OG was 1.048 I made a starter with an old smack pack of dennies favorite Wyeast that was 9 months old :) Excited to see the result ;)

Back