Which kegs for party?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ong

Reaction score
Having about 30 people over for a late afternoon through evening party, hanging out in the backyard kind of event. Here's the question: I've got three taps, and four kegs, so I could potentially serve three beers (rather not mess with ice and a picnic tap for the fourth). Two I'm definitely serving are an Ahtanum Pale (around 5.5%) and a light straw colored Cascade IPA (around 6.5%). I have most of a keg of a really nice India Brown left, and I've got a session-strength Best Bitter in primary that could be kegged and carbed by then. It sure seems like a lotta hops, even for a jaded Portland IPA dork crowd. So: bitter or IBA?

I'd say serve the bitter, I'm assuming its the least hoppy and would round out the selection for ones who don't care for higher ibu's.

Bitters are my faves, so I would have to say go with the bitter. I'm biased though!

Hmm. After a taste test, I'm thinking this may be the odd bitter that actually lives up to its name. Super long hops steep.... Oh well, I guess everything I've got to serve is a hopspocolypse.

Latest posts

Back