What are you brewing for NHBD 2013?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autiger

Reaction score
I figured I would start a thread and see what everyone is brewing this weekend in celebration for National Homebrew Day on May 7th. I know there is a what are you brewing this weekend thread, but I figured this could/should be a separate thread.

I'll start... I am brewing an American Wheat using Columbus as a FWH and then all centennial type. I am using a Gumballhead style grain bill and all of the centennial type will be used in the last 15 min and in dryhop. This will be my first brew that will go into keg instead of bottles. I can't wait til it is ready!

(Mods please delete if this already exists someplace else)

Red Hook ESB clone. This will be the third one, and is soon becoming one of my go-to brews.

It's also Naked Gardening Day, so I'm torn. Club is brewing at least 3 batches at our LHBS, but I don't think they'd like if I mixed the two.

10 gallons of a red ale, 5 gallons of ESB, & 5 gallons of a graham cracker ale recipe I just found. Defiantly something different I've never heard of or tried. Better get moving its gonna be a busy day

"Share the Love" Pale Ale. Converting a bunch of crappy "Light. Into craft beer fans.

First ever cream ale. No flaked corn at LHBS so I went with grits. Cooler/tun was a little full (over flowed slightly when I put the lid on) we will see how this goes.

My stuff I ordered on 4/25 for today finally got shipped out last night due to warehouse problems. But the free shipping they gave me for waiting also bumped me from faster Fed-Ex home delivery to UPS. Oh well,maybe I'll get it monday,hopefully in the morning. but I rather doubt it. I ordered bottle caps,dextrose,& a PM Berliner Weisse kit to start on some wheat beer experiments I've had backed up for a couple years. May still raise a glass at noon as is traditional on this day. Nasdrovie!

Cheers!
That coat on the porch is wrapped around the mash tun with my American Wheat inside. First time since September brewing outside! SWMBO is happy that the house won't smell like malt and hops.

I tie my winter hunting coat around mine. Temp goes up 1 degree during one hour mash. Hope it works well for you too!

Back