Anheuser-Busch tries to block Ohio brewery measure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The law that repealed prohibition said they couldn't directly sell to the public. So how can they buy the distributors?

I am not understanding how this works exactly because BMC seems to own the majority of distributorships across the country...how is that not monopolization?

I hope they fail to block it, I want to see a bit more balance through independent distributors instead of having to pay an upcharge to get your micro out to the wider audience.

I am not understanding how this works exactly because BMC seems to own the majority of distributorships across the country...how is that not monopolization?

I've never been able to understand that. If they own the distributors, they control two tiers of distribution, which is exactly what the three tier system was supposed to prevent.

Politics...government...money...do what you want...???

With enough money you can do pretty much anything! Just sayin...

Politics...government...money...do what you want...???

With enough money you can do pretty much anything! Just sayin...

While I am the last person to say anyone or any company should be limited in respect to finances and earning potential, nor am I one to argue for any more legislation...but why do we not enforce the laws we have on the books in this respect?

It isn't just about money...or maybe it is, but either way someone is looking the other way and needss to be voted out accordingly.

I dont see how you guys dont understand? How can they do this? Because the law makers get there cut.... Plain and simple. Big Corporations run this country more than the government. They are kind of one in the same.

I dont see how you guys dont understand? How can they do this? Because the law makers get there cut.... Plain and simple.

I was stating kind of a rhetorical statement more than an actual question.

But since you said it, why aren't those who receive graft for political considerations and advantage not being put out to pasture? Is it a "Let them eat cake" attitude of the politicians or complacency of the people?

I was stating kind of a rhetorical statement more than an actual question.

But since you said it, why aren't those who receive graft for political considerations and advantage not being put out to pasture? Is it a "Let them eat cake" attitude of the politicians or complacency of the people?

Most people don't bother to educate themselves about what their elected officials are doing. If they can be bothered to vote at all, most people vote based on the (R) or (D) behind the person's name, not their history.

Latest posts

Back