Airlock huffers anonymous

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm even worse than that. Always have a satelite fermenter (two litre water bottle) going with the initial SG/OG sample of each batch, yeast added, so I just unscrew the cap after the pressure has bloated the bottle and take a nice lungfull of sweet, yeasty, hoppy, aromatic, CO2.:ban: Also always drink that sample after about a week, or the krauzen has dropped and it's clearing:mug:

I stopped using airlocks in favor of blow off tubes, thinking that would break the cycle of decadence and degradation. Now my wife wonders why I adopt the "bobbing for apples" posture over the blow off bucket.

I refuse to see it as a problem

my last batch, the aroma of Centennial from the airlock was like smelling the farts of an angel

love me some centennials. I even huff the baggies they come in before using them. does thay count fir anything?

Be very careful, air-lock huffing is merely a gateway to even bigger things. If you start huffing too much, soon you will find yourself huffing the hops and licking bags like GrogNerd mentions, and before you know it you're sneaking out to munch on fresh grains.

My fermenter stand is to the right of the computer hutch,so I can huff while talkin with y'all. Don't even have to move. but I have noticed an interesting developement. The house spiders like to build webs in the edge of the ceiling above the fermenters around the time they're fermenting. I guess they dig huffing too?...:drunk:

Is this where I come to confess? Okay, then. I've been on the wagon and breathing clean air for over 6 hours now.

I'm an airlock huffer. :drunk:

Pressing my nose to the top of my soda can while I open it at work doesn't count! I don't care what anyone says...it's...not...the...same! No hops. No glory. Just soda smelling CO2. It sucks. Wait...yep...still sucks.

I gotta go. I suddenly need to take a half day off of work!

I started huffing airlocks. Now I take a big whiff when I open my fermenter for packaging. The rush of CO2 gives a nice head rush along with the hop aroma. My life is falling apart.

I admit I am a lockspotter. Bourbon as a sanitizer. Mmmmmmmmmm.....bourbon. Nnnngggnnngngng..........

Back