Kegging equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

closetbrewing

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm thinking of moving over to the kegging side. Any advice on equipment? Should I be looking for any specific brands or types? If I buy used what should I looking for? Don't want busted regulators and such. If I find worn regulators can they be rebuilt? Also what is a ballpark cost for used? Thanks

Much of this will depend on what type of setup you are planning. Number of kegs/faucets is an important question. Will you be doing this in a keezer or some type of kegerator?

I bought the guts (reg, hoses, connectors, shanks, faucets) to my 3-faucet keezer build from the HBT vendor http://www.birdmanbrewing.com Brian, the owner is extremely helpful and his prices are quite good. I spent a bit more by upgrading the shanks to stainless and the faucets to Perlick 525SS stainless because I wanted to do it right the first time.

One thing I would suggest as well is to have them set it up with 10' beer lines instead of the standard 5'.

Back