Hello to all

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbzdel

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Chris and I am located in Tacoma, WA. A co-worker of mine has been home brewing for years and I was always happy with my Bush light.. I know I know haha.. I have been getting into more "higher" end beers at the grocery store, nothing fancy by any means but then I came across Dog Fish Head 90min. IPA.. I bought home a 4 pack that was on sale for $13 and my wife just about killed me haha.. Come to find out it was the best beer I have ever had in my life, it was my game changer.. I started talking about beer all the time and researching it more and more.. I decided I wanted to get a kegerator to buy GOOD beer in bulk to same cash, the wife actually approved of this.. So when shopping around I kept coming into Kegerator builds for homebrew. Next thing I know I ran into a 10% off coupon code from Midwest Supplies and I end up on their website.. Next thing I know their starter kit shows up at my house.. That was last week.. I have been reading the Joy of Homebrew book all week.

I am getting really into the hobby and not even made my first batch yet, I stopped by my local beer supply store and picked up a 8 gallon pot, spoon and, thermometer. Then I got a 25' copper wart chiller on eBay. And today the last of my goodies are showing up in the mail. My tap tower, dual 5 gallon kegging system, propane burner, and 2 extract beer kits from Midwest Supply, Hanks Heff and Hop Head Double IPA :rockin:

My buddy at works said he would help me with my first brew, but I may have to work this weekend and he is busy next weekend so either 2 weeks from now or I can attempt it myself after work one night..

Anyways, Hello and hope to get to know the forum a little better :mug:

I went to Beer Essentials in South Tacoma/Parkland area and they were well stocked to the best what I know about everything, and seemed reasonably priced for what I bought, my 8 gallon stainless brew pot was $60, and they will drill it for free if you want to add a weld-less bung to it.

I dont mind driving to Kent though, my wife loves going to Ikea so it could be an easy excuse to check that place out haha :D

Larry's is a wholesaler as well as a retail operation. The folks who own it are a bunch of characters but very nice and helpful. They have an active brew club (Impaling Alers) that meets monthly.

Back