Quick disconnects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balrog429

Reaction score
Don't know if this should go in this section, if not please let me know.

I want to get quick disconnects for my all grain setup. Can I just use the ones from Home Depot or is this not a good idea? I was thinking about camlocks but I like the idea of being able to swivel the tubing.

Thanks

You mean the Gilmour aluminium hose connections, I would not. Then camlocks are so cheap, just use them.

Sorry I didn't specify which QD from Home Depot. They are the brass ones that are used in the air compressor section. I've seen them used in some setups on YouTube.

No, too restrictive. There are 3/8" id believe. You really want a full port 1/2" if you ever plan to use a pump.

Ok. Thanks guys! HBT is such a great resource. Helped me make this...

image-163412135.jpg

Bobby m at brewers hardware has angled 1/2 street elbows with the thread milled off. Makes a really nice full port nipple for lines. I grinded my off with a bench grinder and it sucked. Buy his.

Ok. Chugger pump and stainless camlocks will be ordered tomorrow from brewhardware. Thanks everyone!

Back