Aerating Wort For Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csells10

Reaction score
After a few days after the krausen fell i realized that i had just sprinkled my yeast right on top without mixing and putting O2 in the wort. The fermentation was pretty weak krausen was only about a half inch, Since primary was weak should i keep it on the trub for 2 weeks to insure fermentation is finished, of course i'll make sure its finished on the gravity side but i want to make sure some off flavors the yeast can take care of. Used Muntons yeast it's a sam summer partial mash clone

Any help would be awesome, its for a graduation party and want to make sure it turns out somewhat decent.

Two weeks is a safe bet. A lot of people here will tell you three weeks min but I don't always find that necessary. As long as the gravity is stable before you bottle you'll be fine.

You should be ok. It sounds like you have a hydrometer, so just check it after a couple weeks. It should be done by then. I wouldn't leave it in there more than 4 weeks if you can avoid but I'd be very surprised if fermentation hadn't completed long before that.

Back